Durham College selected to host the 2010 OCAA Fall Classic (women)

Al's Fastball News fastball at pmihrm.com
Mon May 10 17:42:35 EDT 2010

Durham Lords Media Release
Monday, May 10, 2010

Durham College selected to host the 2010 OCAA Fall Classic

OSHAWA, Ont. – The top collegiate fastball teams in Ontario will
be heading to Oshawa in October as Durham College has been selected
to host the 2010 Ontario Colleges Athletic Association (OCAA)
women’s fastball championship.

“We are very excited to be hosting the women’s fastball provincial
championship once again,” said Ken Babcock, Durham College athletic
director. “Hosting a championship is always a great opportunity
to showcase our campus, our hospitality and the entire Durham
Region. We have a great reputation and strong track record in
hosting major events at Durham College and the tradition will
continue at the 2010 provincials.”

The championship will be held at Durham Fields from October 15-16,
2010 and will feature the top four teams in Ontario contending
for the provincial crown. The format will be the traditional
double knock-out system.

This year’s championship will mark Durham’s eighth time hosting
the OCAA championship. The college last hosted the event in 2007,
where they defeated Mohawk College in the gold medal game to
win their 14th overall OCAA women’s fastball title.

Durham College has been the premiere program in women’s fastball
for the past three decades, having won 27 championship medals
at the OCAA Championship (14 gold, 9 silver, 4 bronze), the most
of any college in league history. Durham has also picked up a
medal at 13 consecutive championships, dating back to 1996.

The Lords are also hosting the 2011 CCAA Men’s Basketball National
Championship from March 15-19, 2011. In additional to all of
the annual tournaments being hosted on campus, the 2010-11 varsity
season is full of major sporting events coming to the Durham
Region.

For more information on the 2010 OCAA women’s fastball championship,
please contact the Durham College athletic department at 905-721-2000
ext. 2784.

- 30 -

FOR MORE INFORMATION:
Scott Dennis
Sports Information and Marketing Coordinator
Durham College and UOIT Athletics
905.721.2000 Ext. 2784 (P)
905.721.3117 (F)
scott.dennis(at)dc-uoit.ca