FW: DURHAM_COLLEGE_GUARANTEED_A_MEDAL_AT_NATIONALS_–_SIGHT

Al's Fastball News fastball at pmihrm.com
Mon Oct 11 00:14:44 EDT 2010

Durham Lords Media Release
Sunday, October 10, 2010

Durham College guaranteed a medal at nationals – sights set on
gold

2010 Canadian Intercollegiate Women's Fastpitch National Championship

Game Three – Durham defeated Regina 6-4
Box Score: http://www.2010collegiatefastballchampionships.com/upload/files/scores/12.htm

Game Four – Durham defeated St. Clair 4-0
Box Score: http://www.2010collegiatefastballchampionships.com/upload/files/scores/14.htm

SASKATOON – The Durham College women’s fastball team are guaranteed
to take home a medal at the 2010 Canadian Intercollegiate Women’s
Fastpitch Championship after going 2-0 on Sunday, avoiding elimination
and advancing to the medal round.

The Lords picked up a 6-4 victory over the University of Regina
followed up with a 4-0 shutout over St. Clair in the elimination
round. The Lords will now take on the University of Saskatchewan
in the bronze medal game, with the winner advancing to the national
championship final.

“Today’s wins were a total team effort,” said head coach Jim
Nemish. “I couldn’t be prouder of the way we have played over
the past two days but we obviously know that we’ve got more work
ahead of us.”

Durham opened the day with a 6-4 victory over the University
of Regina. Both teams finished the round robin with matching
3-1 records, but tie-breaking procedures would give Regina first
place in pool B. Alexandra Mallett, Amanda Gallen and Kayla MacLean
all pitched in the two run victory, with Mallet getting the win.

Up against a familiar foe in St. Clair for game one of the elimination
round, Durham turned to Kristine Miles on the mound. Miles was
lights out the entire seven innings, shutting out the Saints
and allowing only four hits. Erin Dewey was 3-for-3 at the plate
with a run scored and an RBI.

The University of Regina advanced to the gold medal game with
a 2-1 victory over the University of Saskatchewan in the semi-finals.
The Cougars will either play Durham of Saskatchewan in the finals

For complete coverage on the 2010 Canadian Intercollegiate Women's
Fastpitch National Championship, please visit the official website
at http://www.2010collegiatefastballchampionships.com/schedule.php

A QUICK LOOK AT THE DURHAM LORDS
Overall Record: 17-3
Conference Record: 10-0

Next Game: Day Three - National Championship

- 30 -

FOR MORE INFORMATION:
Scott Dennis
Sports Information and Marketing Coordinator
Durham College and UOIT Athletics
905.721.2000 Ext. 2784 (P)
905.721.3117 (F)

   fastball at pmihrm.com