FW: DURHAM_COLLEGE_SELECTED_TO_HOST_THE_2011_OCAA_WOMEN¹S_FA

Al's Fastball News fastball at pmihrm.com
Thu May 19 14:17:07 EDT 2011

DURHAM COLLEGE SELECTED TO HOST THE 2011 OCAA WOMEN’S FASTBALL
CHAMPIONSHIP

Durham Lords Media Release
Thursday, May 19, 2011

Durham College selected to host the 2011 OCAA Women’s Fastball
Championship

OSHAWA, Ont. – For the second straight season, Durham College
has been selected to host the Ontario Colleges Athletic Association
(OCAA) women’s fastball championship.

The championship will be held at Durham Fields from October 21-22,
2011 and will feature the top four teams in Ontario contending
for the provincial title. The format will be the traditional
double knock-out system.

“We are very excited to be hosting the women’s fastball provincial
championship once again,” said Ken Babcock, Durham College athletic
director. “Hosting a major championship is a great opportunity
to showcase our campus and hospitality to the rest of the province.
We have a great reputation and strong track record in hosting
events at Durham College and the tradition will continue at the
2011 provincials.”

This year’s championship will mark Durham’s ninth time hosting
the OCAA championship. Out of the nine years hosting, the Lords
have won the gold medal eight times. Last season, Durham defeated
St. Clair College 10-1 in the gold medal game to win their 15th
overall OCAA women’s fastball title.. St. Clair entered the championship
as the two-time defending OCAA champions.

Durham College has been the premiere program in women’s fastball
for the past three decades, having won 28 championship medals
at the OCAA Championships (15 gold, nine silver and four bronze),
the most of any college in league history. Durham has also picked
up a medal at 14 consecutive championships, dating back to 1996.

The league will also have a new look in 2011 as Humber College
has joined women’s fastball. They will be welcomed by St. Clair,
Seneca, Conestoga, Mohawk and Durham to make up the six team
league.

For more information on the 2011 OCAA women’s fastball championship,
please contact the Durham College athletic department at 905-721-2000
ext. 2784.

FOR MORE INFORMATION:
Scott Dennis
Sports Information and Marketing Coordinator
Durham College and UOIT Athletics
905.721.2000 Ext. 2784 (P)
905.721.3117 (F)
scott.dennis(at)dc-uoit.ca