Fw: Legends Of Fastball Dedicates 2012 Tournament

fastball at pmihrm.com fastball at pmihrm.com
Wed May 16 08:45:13 EDT 2012

-----Original Message-----
From: "Larry Lynch" <LLynch at town.mapleton.on.ca>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2012 18:15:31
To: Al's Fastball News<fastball at pmihrm.com>
Subject: Legends Of Fastball Dedicates 2012 Tournament

The organizing committee of the 2012 Legends of Fastball Classic are
proud to announce this year's tournament will be dedicated to the memory
of Michigan ISC Commissioner and Midland Explorer founder Lee Isenhart,
and Kitchener- Waterloo sportsman and super fan John MacTavish.

"The Legends event has always found a way to remember the players,
coaches, administrators and volunteers who have made fastball special
for generations of fans," said chairman Larry Lynch. " We decided right
from the beginning that we would always honour those individuals who
have gone way beyond to build the game and keep it strong. Lee has been
bringing a team to Kitchener-Waterloo for decades and no matter what the
Explorer roster boasted it always performed to the highest level when it
crossed the border into our community. In many ways the character of all
those great Midland teams reflected the personality of the great leader
Lee always was. More than anything though the people of our area came to
appreciate and respect Lee as a true gentleman. I know from personal
experience you could not walk through a park at any major venue without
Lee coming by to say hi. He was always smiling and that is the memory
Legends will celebrate this year.

Lee Isenhart passed away in October of 2011 after a lengthy illness.

A more recent loss to the Kitchener sports community was the ubiquitous
John MacTavish, who succumbed to a yearlong illness in late April of
2012. Over 400 friends of fastball celebrated John's life at a
celebration of "Life Well Lived" on May 6. " John was one of the lawn
chair crowd, nestled in his  prime spot behind home plate, pencil and
score book poised for action, friends on all sides and the ever present
smile that signified his passion for watching the game of fastball,"
said friend Dennis Dosman. " John didn't just watch games, he analyzed
them, coached them, cheered them and always found excitement in watching
the skilled players ply their trade. He could debate a play, question a
coaching decision or simply take in the atmosphere that made big time
softball blood churn." "Johnny Mac was as much a part of the fabric of
the game as the strike out, stolen base or home run. He didn't care who
delivered, he only cared about sharing the experience with his friends
and all the players he came to support," added Lynch. "

The Legends Of Fastball Classic will kick off on Thursday June 21 and
run through Sunday June 24, at Peter Hallman Ball Yard in Kitchener. 18
teams will compete in 3 divisions including  10 team major men's, 4 team
junior men's and a 4 team Masters division. In all, 43 games will
highlight one of the best lineups of softball in North America this
summer.

Follow Al's Fastball for , stories and updates and click on
www.kwfastball.com for full details.