Fw: North Bay Tournament

fastball at pmihrm.com fastball at pmihrm.com
Wed Sep 5 18:33:00 EDT 2012

-----Original Message-----
From: Carl Dusome <crdusome at gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2012 18:03:30
To: <fastball at pmihrm.com>
Subject: North Bay Tournament

Hello all,

A copy and paste from the North Bay Ontario newspaper, The Nugget.
**
**
*Toronto Champion Indians win North Bay Tourney
***

The Toronto Champion Indians led by pitchers Tom Berube and Tracy Woolridge
win the 28th. Annual World Senior Men's Fastball Tournament held Labour Day
weekend in North Bay Ontario
The Toronto Indians beat Pickering 4-1 in to win the 'AA'
championship.Toronto got to the final by beating the defending champion
Mississauga Sox in the semifinal of the 26-team tournament, while Pickering
beat the Sudbury Relics in the other semifinal.
.

More info from North bay .....................

*A final***

Shakespeare Isotopes 1 run - 3 hits – 0 errors

over the Bracebridge Farm 0-2-0

MVP Bill Davidson - ?

MVP P Kevin Yantzi - Shakespeare

*AA final***

Toronto Champion Indians 4-11-1

over Pickering 1-1-2

MVP Mike Wesson SS - Indians

MVP P Tom Berube - Indians

Some side notes;

While we had 26 teams in 2012..and 28 in 2011…the local league went from 9
to 6 teams so we actually had an increase of 1 team.

The 26 team, 4 preliminary games, with 1-12 to AA and 13 to 20 to A, with
21 to 26 eliminated was well received, we will probably stay with 26 teams
in 2013. Games were extended from 65 minutes to 75 minutes which meant most
games went full 5 innings in the preliminaries (games have always been 5
full innings in playoffs, a point some umpires forgot!!).

We were blessed with perfect weather.
Many thanks to the umpires from the south who continue to support the
Worlds Senior Men’s Fastball Tournament.

Here's a few pictures from the North Bay newspaper.

cheers