[Alsfastball] MR- AUSSIE OLYMPIC INJURY BLOW

Bernie Coen bernie.coen at bigpond.com
Thu Jul 1 09:30:37 EDT 2004

MEDIA RELEASE

AUSSIE TEAM INJURY BLOW

A serious knee injury has ruled Alisa Denne (TAS) out of the Australian
Women's Olympic Softball team for the Athens Games.

Ali has been forced to withdrawal from the two overseas events and the
Olympics, after snapping the anterior cruciate ligament in her right knee.
Ali has undergone a knee reconstruction.

Ali's been replaced in the Olympic team by reserve Amanda Doman (QLD) and
the new reserve is Belinda Wright (NSW).

The Aussie Spirit has left for the Canada Cup, Vancouver and Champions Cup
in Los Angeles, as the team continues its build up for Athens.

Natalie Ward IS available for Athens, but has been forced to withdraw from
the tournaments in Vancouver and LA. Her replacement is Leah Quackenbush.

The first game in the Canada Cup is on July 3 @ 8.30pm (Canada Time).

For more information you can contact me via my mobile, or e-mail.

BERNIE COEN

Softball
Australia

Media Manager