[Alsfastball] County takes Monkton title!!!

Al Doran aldoran at pmihrm.com
Mon Jul 5 10:42:54 EDT 2004

From: "Brian Baillie" <baillie at cyg.net>
To: <fastball at pmihrm.com>
Subject: County takes Monkton title!!!
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 2004 10:34:42 -0400

MONKTON, ONTARIO, CANADA

        In an impressive display of timely hitting, great defence, and
solid pitching, County Materials of Marathon Wisc. claimed the championship
with a victory over the Heflin Builders of New York.

     Darren Zack picked up the win, while Paul Koert- who pitched all but 3
innings of the 6 games Heflin played, was tagged with the loss.

Heflin reached the final by defeating the Hallman Twin City Sting in the
semi's, and County advanced by downing the #1 ranked Broken Bow Spirit.

Full scores and games reports to follow.....

I would like to extend a HUGE thank-you to the fans, players, and perhaps
most importantly the team owners, managers and coaches. Without all of your
support and
co-operation through-out the past 8 months, we would not have been able to
put a tournament of this calibre together. Also, your comments, concerns,
and constructive criticisms are well received, and will no doubt help us
with to improve and make the neccessary adjustments for all future
tournaments. Your professionalism, and dedication to the game are endless,
and you too are to be congratulated.

We have had an amazing tournament, on and off the field. From day one we
wanted to make this tournament one of the finest in North America - perhaps
the World.
And although we have had a couple teething problems, and learning
experiences, we will be bigger and better than ever in the years to come!!!

Thanks to you all...

Brian Baillie - Chairman - World Mens Fastball Invitational
baillie at cyg.net
http://www.monktonfastball.com

  Als Fastball List
*Email: fastball at pmihrm.com