[Alsfastball] Canada Defeats Buffalo Bisons 7-0

Al Doran aldoran at pmihrm.com
Wed Jul 7 02:03:52 EDT 2004

From: "Ron Gallinger - Canada Cup" <rgallinger at softball.ca>
To: <Undisclosed-Recipient:@mx.business.allstream.net;>
Subject: SOFTBALL - Canada Defeats Buffalo Bisons 7-0
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2004 01:24:19 -0400

For Immediate Release

Tuesday, July 6, 2004

Canada Rebounds with Win Against the Buffalo Bison

(Surrey, BC)  Team Canada

After losing two of their first three games, Team Canada bounced back to
defeat the Buffalo Bison 7-0 at the 11th annual Canada Cup International
Softball tournament.

Canada’s offence kicked into gear in the top of the 1st inning as leadoff
hitter Kristy Odamura singled, advanced to 2nd on a Rachel Shill hit and
was driven home by Alison Bradley.  In the 2nd inning Cindy Eadie singled
and was doubled home by Sasha Olson.  In the 3rd Angela Lichty singled and
was double home by Alison Bradley to put Canada up 3-0.  Odamura and Schill
both scored in the 4th.  Schill and Erin White crossed the plate in the 7th
for the 7-0 victory.

Lauren Bay, pitching competitively for the first time since April, proved
why she is the ace of Canada’s pitching staff going 4 innings and striking
9 Bison batters for the win.  Ani Nyhus pitched the final 3 innings,
striking out 3.  Each pitcher gave up 2 hits.

“We seem to be shaking off some of the rust from not playing”, stated
Bay.  “We’ve been practicing very hard, but there’s no substitution for
competition.  There’s a different pace and intensity level in a game and we
feel that we are making the necessary adjustments to bring our level up to
where we know it should be.”

Offensively, Alison Bradley continued her torrid hitting pace with 2 hits
and 2 RBI’s.  Bradley is now hitting .545 for the tournament.  Veteran
Odamura had her best game offensively in the tournament collecting 2 hits
and scoring 2 runs.

Canada’s record improves to 2 and 2.  Their next game is against the
Bloomington Lady Hearts on Wednesday.

Line Score

Canada

Pos

AB

RBI

Kristy Odamura

Noemie Marin

2B

SS

3

1

2

0

2

0

0

0

Rachel Schill

CF

4

2

1

1

Angela Lichty

SS/2B

2

1

1

1

Erin White

1B

3

1

1

0

Alison Bradley

LF

3

2

0

2

Jackie Lance

Kim Sarrazin

DP

3

1

0

1

0

0

0

1

Cindy Eadie

3B

4

1

1

0

Erin Cumpstone

Sheena Lawrick

PH

2

0

0

0

0

0

0

0

Sasha Olson

RF

2

1

1

1

Totals

26

11

7

6

Box Score

Teams

1st

2nd

3rd

4th

5th

6th

7th

Runs

Hits

Errors

Canada

1

1

1

2

0

0

2

7

11

0

Buffalo Bisson

0

0

0

0

0

0

0

0

4

1

The list of Olympic players can be found at the end of the release.  Visit
www.canadacup.com to view detailed results and highlights and view Softball
Canada’s official website at www.softball.ca to see details about the
Canadian Games.

For more information, please contact Ron Gallinger, National Team Director
at Softball Canada, on site at the Canada Cup at (613) 558-4663 or by email
at rgallinger at softball.ca.  Or contact Lisette Johnson Stapley, Marketing &
Communications Director at Softball Canada at 613-523-3386 ext. 3105 or
(613) 795-1996

2004 Canada Cup

Canadian Olympic Softball Team

Lauren Bay                Pitcher                        Trail, B.C.

Alison Bradley           Outfield                       Pinkerton, ON

Erin Cumpstone        Catcher/1st base        Saskatoon, SK

Cindy Eadie               3rd base/1st base       Brantford, ON

Kaila
Holtz                  Pitcher                        Massachusetts,USA *
HT-North Vancouver, BC

Jackie Lance             Short Stop                  Albuquerque, New
Mexico * HT-South Delta, BC
Sheena Lawrick        2nd base/1st base      Calgary, AB

Angela Lichty Short Stop                  Guelph, ON

Noémie Marin            Utility                           Acton Vale, QC
*** alternate

Ani Nyhus                   Pitcher                        South Surrey, BC

Kristy Odamura         2nd base                     Richmond, BC ** Captain

Sasha Olson              Outfield                       Valemount, BC

Kim Sarrazin              Catcher                      St-Eustache, QC

Rachel Schill              Outfield                       Kitchener, ON

Auburn Sigurdson     Pitcher                        Surrey, BC

Erin White                  1st base/ Catcher       Iowa, USA * HT–
Richmond, BC

Team Staff:

Head Coach              Mike Renney              Surrey, BC

Assistant Coach        Glenn Boles                St. Catharines, ON

Assistant Coach        Patrick Murphy           Alabama, USA

Assistant Coach        Lonni Alameda          Las Vegas, NV

Team Leader             Evelyne Holenski       Winnipeg, MB

  Als Fastball List
*Email: fastball at pmihrm.com
TEMP: http://fastpitchwest.com/alsfastball.htm