[Alsfastball] ISC Asks for Help From Players and Fans to Promote Telecast of Championship Game from Fargo by Local Television Stations

Al Doran aldoran at pmihrm.com
Thu Jul 22 16:50:16 EDT 2004

From: "GWise" <sgwise at woh.rr.com>
Subject: Fw: Press Release To Access TV Letter
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 14:52:31 -0400

I.S.C. Asks for Help From Players and Fans to Promote Telecast of
Championship Game from Fargo by Local Television Stations

In a special appeal directed to players, managers, and just plain fans of
fastball, International Softball Congress Executive Director Ken
Hackmeister is asking everyone connected with the sport to "pitch in" and
help the ISC encourage local television stations to carry the championship
game of the 2004 ISC World Tournament from Fargo.

The game will be produced and telecast by WDAY, the ABC-TV affiliate in
Fargo, N.D. at 6:30 PM (CDT) on Saturday, August 21.  Television stations
can get the game via satellite access for a live showing or tape it for
later broadcast - - - and THEY CAN KEEP EVERY DOLLAR of any advertising
revenues that they can generate from broadcasting the game.

How can a fan, or a player help, you ask?  Let Hackmeister explain how - - -

First  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -

Go
to:
<http://www.iscfastpitch.com/webstartme/press/pr91.htm>http://www.iscfastpitch.com/webstartme/press/pr91.htm

This is a letter which tells local TV stations of this unique opportunity!

This letter can be printed from the web site and sent to any local TV
station for consideration.

FYI, this letter has been faxed and/or emailed to about 100+ stations,
primarily in the US midwest.

With WDAY's coverage area of all of North Dakota and 28 cable outlets in
Manitoba, we have great exposure in those locations.  Yesterday, we picked
up a commitment from stations in Sioux Falls and Rapid City, SD which
covers virtually all of SD.

But we need help from softball players and fans to get the word to their
local stations and simply sending this letter would be a tremendous
help.  We have a great opportunity to expose our game to literally millions
of people but we need help getting the word to local stations.

Your help will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Ken

July 22, 2004