[Alsfastball] Tournament directors meeting in Fargo

Al Doran aldoran at pmihrm.com
Thu Jul 22 17:08:29 EDT 2004

Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 17:04:07 -0400
To: "Al's Fastball" <fastball at pmihrm.com>
From: "GWise" <sgwise at woh.rr.com>
Subject: Tournament directors meeting in Fargo

I.S.C. Set To Host Meeting of Invitational Tournament Directors;

    Goal:  Coordination of 2005 Tournaments to Minimize Conflicts

     Of Dates and Competition for Common Teams

In an effort to lesson conflicts and competition among Invitational
Tournament Directors who are planning 2005 tournaments, the International
Softball Congress will hold a meeting during the 2004 World Tournament in
Fargo, ND.

Dean Kane has been appointed by ISC Executive Director, Ken Hackmeister, to
chair a meeting to which ALL Tournament Directors and/or Coordinators
(whether or not they are affiliated with the ISC) are invited and urged to
attend.

The meeting will be held on Saturday, August 14 from 3:30 – 5:00 at the
Radisson Hotel in Fargo.  The exact location will be posted, and it will be
somewhere on the third floor of the Radisson.

In the words of Chairman Kane, “This informal meeting is set so that we can
get an idea of who is running tournaments on which weekends so that we can
avoid conflicts with two large tournaments being held on the same weekend
with resulting competition for common teams.”  Kane continued, “I believe
this is in the best interest of all” and he urged any Tournament Directors
who can not be present at this meeting to e-mail him (Dean Kane) at
<mailto:ct16 at greenbaynet.com>ct16 at greenbaynet.com with the following
information:

** Name of the tournament
** Location of the tournament
** Dates of the tournament
** Contact(s) for the tournament
** Website address (URL) for the tournament (if available)

Kane stresses that “There will be time allotted for coordinators to discuss
many pressing issues - - most importantly discussing the need for everyone
to know what tournaments are being held, when, and where, well in advance
so teams can make the proper arrangements.  At the meeting, we will also
discuss the importance of posting all scores to Al Doran’s web page so that
the fastball public can keep up with what is happening.”  Kane points out
that, “This is NOT an ISC-only meeting and I would invite persons from any
affiliation to post their tournaments since many teams play in different
organizations during the season.”

Kane is hopeful of a good turnout, which can lead to a good round table
discussion with all major Tournament Directors present to discuss past
successes and drawbacks.

July 22, 2004

By:  Gordon Wise - - - ISC Information Officer
<mailto:sgwise at woh.rr.com>sgwise at woh.rr.com
http://www.iscfastpitch.com/

  Als Fastball List
*Email: fastball at pmihrm.com