[Alsfastball] Denmark, WI BDS wins Under-23

Al Doran aldoran at pmihrm.com
Wed Aug 4 18:44:16 EDT 2004

Date: Wed, 04 Aug 2004 17:08:50 -0400
From: BHansen27 at aol.com
To: fastball at pmihrm.com
Subject: Denmark, WI BDS wins Under-23

Frankenmuth, MI

Black Diamond Stables of Denmark, Wisconsin won the 12-team Under 23 North
American Championship July  23-25 in Frankenmuth, Michigan.  BDS went 4-0
on their way to the championship beating the host Frankenmuth Driving
School twice, Oshawa, Ontario, and the defending champions Aurora, Ill ATMI.

Game 1

BDS 2
Frankenmuth, MI 0

WP: Gervasutti
LP: Blair Ezekial

BDS scored on a Bryan Hansen 2 RBI single in the 4th scoring Eric Smith and
Jeff Goolagong.  Sebastian Gervasutti was the winning pitcher throwing 7
innings, 5 hits, 8 Ks.

Game 2

BDS 6
Oshawa, ON 1

WP: Gervasutti
LP: Rob Fawcett

-Goolagong 3-4, 2b, 2 3B, 3 runs scored
-Todd Heezen 2-3
-Bryan Hansen 2-4
-Sebastian Gervasutti 7 ip, 7 h, 13 Ks

Game 3

BDS 2
Aurora Ill, ATMI 0

WP: Gervasutti
LP: Jeremy Manley

Scoreless game until 5th when Matt Warpinski reached on a double and scored
on wild pitches.  A diving catch by RF Ryan Leiterman in the 7th helped
preserve the win.

-Matt Warpinski 2-3, RBI, 2B, run (BDS's only 2 hits of game)
-Sebastian Gervasutti 7 ip, 1 h, 15 Ks (perfect game until bottom of 6th)

Game 4 (Championship)

BDS 11
Frankenmuth Driving School 3
(6 innings)

WP: Goolagong
LP: Jason Hill

BDS scored in every inning but the 5th, run-ruling the hometown team for
the Under 23 crown.

-Kyle Kapinos 2/3, 2B, 3B
-Bryan Hansen 2/3, 3B
-Jeff Goolagong 2/3, 3 runs scored
                 6 innings, 4 hits, 11 ks

Matt Warpinski and Jeff Goolagong were named to the All-Tournament team,
and Sebastian Gervasutti was named Most Valuable Pitcher for the
tournament.  Manager John Goral said "everything went right for our team
this weekend.  We did all the little things right and everything fell into
place.   It feels good to bring the Under-23 Championship to Denmark."

Bryan Hansen
Black Diamond Stables
Denmark Merchants
mailto:BHansen27 at aol.com