[Alsfastball] ASA - VAL MILHOLLAND IS AMONG THOSE FAST PITCH DIE-HARDS

Al Doran aldoran at pmihrm.com
Fri Aug 6 19:13:48 EDT 2004

Subject: FW: VAL MILHOLLAND IS AMONG THOSE FAST PITCH DIE-HARDS
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 2004 17:39:18 -0500
From: "Bill Plummer" <bplummer at softball.org>
To: <fastball at pmihrm.com>

-----Original Message-----
From: Bill Plummer
Sent: Friday, August 06, 2004 4:17 PM
To: Stephanie Henry; 'KMcKeow at softball.org'; 'dower at sonic.net';
'jim at fastpitchwest.com'; 'SWalker at softball.com'

VAL MILHOLLAND ENJOYS WATCHING ASA MEN’S MAJOR FAST PITCH NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP

SOUTH BEND, IN – Fast pitch softball fans are legendary for their
dedication in  attending  the ASA Men’s Major Fast Pitch National Championship.
Val Milholland of Sturgis, MI is one of them.
The 68-year-old Milholland is attending the 2004 Men’s Major Fast Pitch
National Championship here, making it 35 consecutive years he’s been to
this event.
Overall, he’s seen 37 ASA Men’s Major Fast Pitch National Championships.
Besides the Men’s Major Nationals, Val has been to two ASA Women’s Major
Fast Pitch Nationals, two ISF Fast Pitch World Championships and one ASA
Class A Men’s Fast Pitch National Tourney.
Now retired from his furniture business, Val enjoys traveling to the Men’s
Major Fast Pitch National Championship. “I am just a fan,” said Val Friday
as he watched Imaging Solutions Knights of Fargo, ND eliminate The Freight
from the tourney in a 10-1 decision.
Asked to pick his favorite players, Val didn’t hesitate. “I’ve seen a lot
of good ones but Ty Stofflet would be my pitcher. Two of the best
all-around players I ever saw were Billy Stewart and Ray Allena.”
Stewart starred for Poughkeepsie, Aurora and the Peterbilt  teams while
Allena did it all on defense and offense for Guanella Brothers of Santa
Rosa, CA and Rohnert Park, CA and Nava Broth. Both are members of the ASA
National Softball Hall of Fame, while Stofflet will be inducted November
11, 2004 at the ASA Annual Meeting in Mobile, AL.
Val, who is a member of the Michigan ASA Hall of Fame, will continue to
come to this event as long as he remains healthy. He’s among a group that
is indeed a fast pitch die-hard. He wouldn’t have it any other way.

Bill Plummer
Mailto:bplummer at softball.org

  Als Fastball List
*Email: fastball at pmihrm.com