[Alsfastball] Junior Canadian Website and other Provincial Info

Al Doran aldoran at pmihrm.com
Sat Aug 7 07:28:16 EDT 2004

From: "Tom Taylor" <td.tom at telus.net>
To: "Al Doran" <fastball at pmihrm.com>
Subject: Junior Canadian Website and other Provincial Info
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 2004 22:59:33 -0700

As an avid Canadian fastball fan, sponsor, coach and player(?) I am
completely out of words about the lack of information about the Canadian
Junior Men's Championship in Scarborough Ont.

How can the organizers of such a prestigious tournament not have a website
with stats and game info?
How can they not utilize Al's site to let us know what happening game to
game.

But is this part of a greater problem, Should the mandate of the host be
responsible for promotion of the game or should it be part of Softball
Canada's hosting fees that they insure that "Promotion" of our game is done.

I know Softball BC has little energy in promoting our championships or
games. Not one Provincial Men's Championships have been reported.

Getting back to the Juniors. The 25 + sponsors that raised approx. $20,000.
get absolutely nothing about how are players are doing except for a few
phone calls, or a TIC forum entry. Other than the love of the sport and the
friendships with the player why should we do it, definitely the feel of
being a part of the experience is not there.

It is evident to me that, those of us that are in the administration of the
sport are good at what we do but lack the expertise to market Fastpitch.

Hat's off to the ISC who practically demand information on every tourney,
team and practice.

Maybe we should demand the same in Canada. * (Some groups do a good job but
not enough).

Tom Taylor
VP Softball
Vancouver Meraloma Club