[Alsfastball] The Bull/Townline 4th at ASA

Al Doran aldoran at pmihrm.com
Wed Aug 11 20:53:59 EDT 2004

From: "bt2004" <bt2004 at athenet.net>
To: <fastball at pmihrm.com>
Subject: The Bull/Townline 4th at ASA
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 14:29:54 -0500

De Pere, Wisconsin

Competing in its inaugural ASA Major national tournament this past week in
South Bend, The Bull/Townline battled strong through seven games, returning
home with a finish of 4th place finish.

The semi-final against Broken Bow saw a great pitcher dual between Frank
Cox and young Sebastian Gervasutti, pitching his fifth game of the
tournament. The difference in the game was a bases-loaded hit batter,
allowing Bow its decisive run.

Here we go!

Game1:

Forfeit win over Seperators, New Castle, IN

Game 2:

Bull/Townline        3
HIS Construction   1

WP...Sebastian Gervasutti (10k)
LP.....Terry Luster

Brad Vanderkelen   2-3
Jeff Goolagong       1-3
Chris Delorit           3-3, HR

RBI...Vanderkelen, Delorit

Game 3:

The Farm Tavern   6
Bull/Townline        2

WP...Dean Holoien
LP....Sebastian Gervasutti/Jeff Goolagong(10k)

Tom Moen          1-3
Jeff Goolagong    2-3
Chris Delorit        2-3

RBI...Goolagong

*Noteable...five of the eight hits, and the only runs surrendered by MVP
Player/Dudley Pitcher Dean Holoien during his outstanding tournament, we're
tallied in this game by TBT.

Game 4:

Bull/Townline      2
Pueblo Bandits   0

WP...Sebastian Gervasutti (15k)
LP.....Jeremy Manley

Brad Vanderkelen 2-3, HR
Bryan Hansen      1-3

RBI...Vanderkelen

Game 5:

Bull/Townline    7
BHAC              6

WP...Sebastian Gervasutti/Jeff Goolagong(10k)
LP.....Joe Crouch/Ray Reynolds

Jeff Goolagong   3-4
Jon Zipperer       2-4
Trent Noe          HR
Hits...Hansen, Smith, Melotte, Moen, Delorit

RBI...Noe, Zipperer, Moen, Smith, Hansen

Game 6:

Bull/Townline     6
Fred's Interiors   5

WP...Sebastian Gervasutti/Jeff Goolagong(10k)
LP.....Quinton Matzner

Jeff Goolagong   2-3
Tom Moen        1-3, HR
Chris Delorit      3-4
Hits...Noe, Melotte, Hansen

*Down 5-3 in the bottom of the 7th, Eric Smith lead off the inning on an
error, followed by Trent Noe's single, a sacrafice RBI by Jon Zipperer,
base hit by Chris Delorit and a RBI base hit by Jeff Goolagong. With one
out and runners at 2nd and 3rd, Brad Vanderkelen's ground ball to 3rd
resulted in a play at home to get Delorit. Tied 5-5 with two down, a passed
ball to Tom Moen was enough to score Goolagong from 3rd, sealing the
victory for The Bull in a well played game by both teams.

Game 7:

Broken Bow Spirit   1
The Bull/Townline    0

WP...Frank Cox
LP....Sebastian Gervasutti(8k)

Bryan Hansen  1-2

Final order of finish (1-4)

1) The Farm Tavern
2) Broken Bow Spirit
3) Circle Tap
4) The Bull/Townline

The Bull/Townline would like to congratulate fellow statemates, The Farm
Tavern and Circle Tap on great tournaments. You have helped teach us the
hard way!

Because of the foreign player rule, we had to compete without two starters,
pitcher Juan Potolicchio and catcher Gustavo Guerinierri. We look forward
to having our boys back in action in Fargo.

We would like to thank Trent Noe and Jon Zipperer of The Bar on the Avenue,
as well as Bryan Hansen of the Denmark Merchants for all of their help as
great teammates, and leaders, over the w'end.

Heading into Fargo, a very special thanks to our sponsors, Alex (The Bull)
and Dave (Townline), and all of our staff and players for their dedication,
commitment and hard work over the w'end and throughout a long season!

Congratulations to Sebastian Gervasutti, Jeff Goolagong and Chris Delorit
on their selection as 2004 "All-Americans".

Next action is in Fargo!

Saturday, 8pm vs. Broken Bow, NY...Monday, 8pm vs Quaker, PA...Tuesday, 8am
vs Springfield, IL...Weds, 10am vs. Portland DeMarini, OR

The Bull/Townline Fastpitch
DePere, WI

<mailto:bt2004 at athenet.net>bt2004 at athenet.net

  Als Fastball List