[Alsfastball] P.E.I. teams head to Intermediate Eastern Canadians with high hopes

Al Doran aldoran at pmihrm.com
Thu Sep 9 18:50:36 EDT 2004

From: "Patrick Healey" <pat_healey at pei.sympatico.ca>
To: "Al Doran" <fastball at pmihrm.com>
Subject: P.E.I. teams head to Intermediate Eastern Canadians with high hopes
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2004 19:41:48 -0300

P.E.I. teams in action at Eastern Canadians

By Pat Healey
ALBERTON - Four P.E.I. Intermediate men's teams take to the field at the
Intermediate A, B and C Eastern Canadian championships, being held this
weekend in three cities in Atlantic Canada.

The Intermediate A Eastern Canadians will be taking place at VIV Field in
Sumemrside as the host Linkletter Motel Islanders act as the host team,
which will include players such as Jamie Betts, Robbie Gallant and Brian
Greenan of the St. Louis Storm, and player-coach Kevin Harvey, Jean Aucoin,
Gerald Gallant, Shawn Bernard and Ryan Gallant, just to name a few. Action
begins Friday mo rningat9a.m.withthehostIslandersfirst game at 11 a.m. when
they play the Glace Bay, N.S.

Meanwhile, the Intermediate C P.E.I. Champion Alberton Arms Pub Athletics
will be hitting the road bright and early for Fredericton, N.B. Led by
Craig Manuel, Jeff Ellsworth, Ritchie Profit and Kirby Hutt, the A's will
be one of 10 teams competing in the tournament, featuring teams from
Ontario, Quebec, Nova Scotia, P.E.I. and New Brunswick.

The A's first game is set for 6 p.m. Friday night against Bar Extra of
Ontario while Jake's plays their first game at noon against the Alweather
Windows of Nova Scotia.

As runners up in the Intermediate C Division final held in Alberton in
July, Jake's Kitchen's of Charlottetown will head to the New Brunswick
capital as P.E.I. #2 and play in pool B.

The Summerside Greco Twins have a much longer road to travel to get to
where they are going - the Intermediate B Eastern Canadians in Whitney Pier
and Reserve Mines, Cape Breton Island, N.S.

The Twins will be led by Scott Bridges, Joseph MacDougall, Brad Craig,
Kevin Warren, Frank McAree, just to name a few.
Summerside will be one of seven teams taking part in the event, which will
see the Twins play at 1 p.m. Friday against the Alexandra Coors White Sox
of  Ontario.

Fans can follow along at
<http://www.easterncanadian.com>http://www.easterncanadian.com and by
checking for updates on Al Doran's fastball website.

"Patrick Healey" <pat_healey at pei.sympatico.ca>

  Als Fastball List
*Email: fastball at pmihrm.com