[Alsfastball] Pitcher List Vote

Al Doran aldoran at pmihrm.com
Sun Sep 19 23:05:46 EDT 2004

From: Ao4si at aol.com
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2004 21:45:24 EDT
Subject: Fwd: Pitcher List Vote
To: fastball at pmihrm.com

     I have played in 14 ISC tournaments and I have yet to see a pitcher
win a game by himself. It doesn't matter who the pitcher is the TEAM still
must play defense and oh YA they need to score a RUN. Mark Sorenson said it
best "If you don't like to loose get better"! Putting Rick Smith on our
Santa Barnera Bucks team did not catapult us to the top ten. Rick threw
great but we did not score runs for him adding Darren Zack to the same team
as the number two wouldn't have helped either if we didn't add some offense
also. Don't we remember that with the new format at the ISC County
Materials didn't make it out of there bracket with all their talent, Gaiger
and Smith threw for County Concrete and they finished third in their
bracket? Pitching is obviously a huge key to a teams success but the talent
you put on the field behind them is still what will make a champion. I
agree their needs to be RULES put in place to help our game become more
competitive for more teams but a pitching list is only a start. We
certainly cannot punish players who want to stay in their home area and
play ball because their on a list that says their really good. Are you
KIDDING ME??? It is certain by the responses I have seen on this subject
that something needs to happen but hurrying to put out some outlaw list of
pitchers without discussing the criteria of what places that player on a
list would just be stupid. I vote "NO" on implementing a pitching list for
2005. Most importantly I think that our committee should devise criteria
for this list and develop a procedure to rank pitchers as we currently Rank
teams by their performances not their reputation.

Aaron Owens
Western Player Rep.
mailto:Ao4si at aol.com

  Als Fastball List