[Alsfastball] Keith Bayne Memorial Fastpitch Challenge, Las Vegas, Oct. 30-31

Al Doran aldoran at pmihrm.com
Thu Sep 23 00:18:02 EDT 2004

Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2004 00:06:30 -0400
To: Escribe <spalsfas at escribe.com>
From: LVhitmen22 at cs.com (by way of Al Doran <fastball at pmihrm.com>)
Subject: Keith Bayne Memorial Fastpitch Challenge, Las Vegas, Oct. 30-31

Al: Hello, I just wanted to send out a reminder on our benefit tourney for
the four children of our former third baseman who died last Thanksgiving in
an off road accident. Thanks. DBell

Las Vegas, Nv: The previously titled, Las Vegas Fall Classic, has been
renamed to the Keith Bayne Memorial Fastpitch Challenge, and will take
place over the weekend of October 30 - 31 at Desert Breeze Park in West Las
Vegas, site of the first two editions of the aforementioned Fall Classic.
                The tourney is open to teams that are NAFA AAA to A, and
ASA A to C and will close at 20 teams. There will be two divisions, upper
and lower if there are more than five teams in a division. Entry fee is
$300 for a four game guarantee with concession, beer, and t-shirt profits
going into the children's account of Keith Edgar Bayne.
                Several teams have inquired, some entries have been
received, but with only room for 20 teams, entry is on a first paid basis.
Several NAFA Umpires again will travel to Las Vegas to handle the on field
duties. Those umpires interested in serving on the staff of the tourney are
asked to contact me.
                With Keith playing on several Vegas teams in the past
against many Southern Cal, Arizona and Utah teams, hopefully players from
those areas as well as umpires will make the trip here to be a part of the
FIRST of what is hoped to be an annual event here in Southern Nevada.

Thank you,
David Bell
Las Vegas Hitmen, GM.

From: LVhitmen22 at cs.com