[Alsfastball] Softball Canada releases 2004 Junior Men's National Team Pool List

Al Doran aldoran at pmihrm.com
Tue Oct 5 17:09:01 EDT 2004

From: "Lisette Johnson-Stapley" <lstapley at softball.ca>
To: <"Undisclosed-Recipient:;"@mail.business.allstream.net>
Subject: Softball Canada releases 2004 Junior Men's National Team Pool List
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2004 13:42:06 -0400

For immediate release
Tuesday October 5, 2004

Softball Canada releases 2004 Junior Men's National Team Pool List

(Ottawa, ON)  Softball Canada and it's Junior Men's National Team Coaching
Staff has selected its members to the 2004 Junior Men's National Team
Pool.  Thirty (30) of Canada's top junior men fast pitch softball players
will prepare for selection to the 2005 Junior Men's National Team who will
compete in next summer's Junior Men's ISF World Championships in
Summerside, Prince Edward Island.  Here Canada will assemble top calibre
fast pitch softball players from all over the world to vie to re-capture
their Gold Medal.

"With this group, we believe we have chosen a great balance of speed,
power, defense and pitching from which we will be able to pick our team,"
stated Head Coach of the Junior Men's National Team, Mr. Kelly
McGiffin.  "There are many talented boys in our country and thus many
strong candidates.  We have had the opportunity to hear from Canada Games'
Coaches and watch them play over the summer." "We are looking forward to
the winter training program and next spring's preparations,"  added Coach
McGiffin.

The 2004 Junior Men's National Team Pool Members include:

Abrey, Bryan              Richmond,
BC    INF/C

Archibald, Donelly    Aspen,
NS           P

Avery, Cory                 Guysborough County, NS P

Barkman, Tyson        Abbotsford,
BC    P

Bauman, Nathan      Elmira, ON           1B

Beierle, Colby            Maymont,
SK       INF/P

Cusack, Shane         Clandonald,
AB  3B/UT

Davies, Matthew        Oshawa,
ON        OF

Estey, Andrew           Fredericton,
NB   3B/OF

Fogal, Brad                 Sharon,
ON         2B

Gill, Justin                  Colliers,
NL          SS

Hawes, Nathan         Tangier,
NS         OF

Kane, Jonathan        Witless Bay,
NL   P/OF

Lessard, Mathieu      St. Leonard-Aston,
PQ2B/SS

Lewis, Chris               Camden East,
ON        SS/UT

Lewis, Mark                St. John’s, NL      C

Lucas, Lee    Port Alberni, BC       2B/UT

MacDonald, Jordan  Napanee, ON      P

Matt, Jordan  Nanaimo, BC            1B/OF

McKay, Virden           Cross Lake, MB   3B/C

McKinnon, Jeremy  Charlottetown, PE1B

Moffat, Nathan         Selby, ON      OF

Naranscik, Andrew  Otterville, ON            P

Raynor, Luke             Bright, ON            P

Roy, Mathieu             St. Leonard-Aston, PQOF

Sill, Bobby                  Stewiacke, NS     OF

Tee, Ben                    Napanee, ON           OF

Thomas, Steve          Milford Station, NS       P

Trude, Aaron              Peterborough, ON        OF

Woods, Brady           Stonewall, MB          P

Coaching Staff:
Head Coach Kelly McGiffin, Okanagan Falls, B.C.
Assistant Coach Tom Doucette, Musquodoboit, NS
Assistant Coach (Pitching Coach) Doug Neil, Wingham, ON

The Junior National Team will host a selection camp next spring (location
TBD).  The 2005 Junior Men's ISF World Championships will take place in
Summerside, Prince Edward Island from June 22 – July 1, 2005.

The Junior Men’s ISF World Championships take place every 4 years. Canada
has had success on the world stage with the following rankings:

2001 (Sydney, AUS) Bronze
1997 (St. John’s, NFLD) Bronze
1993 (Auckland, NZ) Gold
1989 (Summerside, PEI) Silver
1985 (Fargo, North Dakota) Bronze
1981 (Edmonton, AB) 4th

Softball Canada is the national sport governing body for the sport of fast
pitch, slo-pitch and orthodox softball in Canada.

For more information, please contact Lisette Johnson Stapley, Marketing &
Communications Director with Softball Canada at 613-523-3386 ext. 3105 or
lstapley at softball.ca

Lisette Johnson Stapley
Directrice du Marketing & Communications Director
Softball Canada
2197 Promenade Riverside Drive
Ottawa, ON  K1H 7X3
Tel. (613) 523-3386 ext. 3105