[Alsfastball] Softball NZ continues its partnership with Evodrive

Al Doran aldoran at pmihrm.com
Fri Nov 5 09:12:38 EST 2004

Date: Fri, 05 Nov 2004 21:00:56 +1300
To: "SNZ Media Release": ;
From: SNZ Web-master <snz-webm at vanf-graphics.co.nz>
Subject: Softball NZ continues its partnership with Evodrive

Softball NZ continues its partnership with Evodrive

Friday November 5th 2004

Softball New Zealand has today announced that EVODRIVE will be renewing its
contract with Softball New Zealand as an official sponsor to the World
Champion NZ Community Trust Black Sox and specifically the Evodrive
International Men’s Series that will be played between the 3rd and 6th of
February 2005 in Rotorua.

In announcing the extended partnership in Wellington today, Softball New
Zealand Chief Executive Hadyn Smith said Evodrives’ assistance will allow
the team the freedom to focus on their development rather than side issues
such as fund raising and equipment.

The Evodrive Series that will also be supported by the New Zealand
Community Trust will involve five of the worlds top eight teams Australia,
Japan, Samoa and Argentina which is a big bonus for the men’s game that
rarely has major tournaments outside of the world championships.

The sponsorship is now into its second year.  Evodrive will also assist
with television production and has indicated further potential in the near
future for the sport.

Evodrive are the supplier of Evodrive™ unit/s providing businesses and
consumers in New Zealand with a significant reduction in their fuel costs,
as well as significantly reducing exhaust emissions that are so harmful to
our environment.

Evodrive Managing Director Fred Wyatt, is pleased that their support is
working so well for the sport.  “We are really excited about the new
contract and proud to be associated with Softball New Zealand, and the
Black Sox” says Wyatt.”

“The World Championships in Christchurch was a great spectacle, and we were
very privileged to be a part of it.  We now want to raise and improve the
profile of softball and especially assist in the promotion of the Black Sox
team as they head towards the Evodrive Series.”

Smith says today's announcement caps off what was a tremendous year for the
Black Sox as they achieved their third consecutive world championship title.

"We see this announcement as recognition of the Black Sox success on the
world stage and a reward for the hard work that went into achieving that
status. We're thrilled that Evodrive has chosen to again get behind one of
New Zealand's most successful sports of the last 20 years."

Smith believes the partnership is another milestone in the development of
softball as a professional sporting environment in New Zealand.

By SNZ Media Liaison: Kelly Mitchell
*  mailto:kelly.mitchell at xtra.co.nz

http://www.softball.org.nz/
* mailto:snz at softball.org.nz