[Alsfastball] Upsets and come backs at ISC's

Al Doran aldoran at pmihrm.com
Sat Aug 20 11:19:51 EDT 2005

Eau Claire, Wi

As we get into the final games of the 2005 version of the ISC World
Tournament we are seeing some upsets and we have seen some come backs.

Tonight's game between the reigning ISC World Champions, the
Amsterdam NY Broken Bow Spirit and the Kitchener Hallman Twins can
only be called an upset, although as they say, any given game, any
given night......

The Twins came through tonight, eliminating the Broken Bow team from
the tournament. Todd Martin threw a great game for the Twins and the
team came through with the hits, especially in the 6th when vetran
Dave Bailey, the DH hit a solo shot to put the Twins ahead by one
run. Dambrosio singled. Baechler singled; Dambrosio advanced to
third. Simmons singled,RBI; Baechler advanced to second; Dambrosio scored.

It was a low scoring game, but a well played one, and one that the
fans thoroughly enjoyed.

See the stats, Game 99
<http://www.iscfastpitch.com/webstartme/tours/2005world/isc/99.htm>http://www.iscfastpitch.com/webstartme/tours/2005world/isc/99.htm

See all the scores and
stats:
<http://www.iscfastpitch.com/webstartme/tours/2005world/isc/poolplay.htm>http://www.iscfastpitch.com/webstartme/tours/2005world/isc/poolplay.htm

Kitchener will next play in Game 102 on Saturday afternoon against
the winner of tonight's 8pm game between The Farm Tavern of Madison
WI, and Saskatoon SK, Aspen Interiors, which just happens to be
coached by none other than Kitchener's own Larry Lynch, long time
coach of the Waterloo Twins. Most bets are on The Farm boys but the
way things are unfolding here in Eau Claire, anything can happen.

On the other side of the action today, Circle Tap from Denmark WI
came back in the bottom of six with two runs to upset Green Bay WI,
Townline/Shoot's, defeating them by a slim 3-2. For Circle Tap,
Dwayne Dyck gave up the two hits in 3.2 innings. He was relived by
Rob O'Brien from Fergus Ontario.

See their stats
<http://www.iscfastpitch.com/webstartme/tours/2005world/isc/98.htm>http://www.iscfastpitch.com/webstartme/tours/2005world/isc/98.htm

Tane Richardson from New Zealand pitched for Green Bay and gave up 3
runs on 7 hits.

Circle Tap will now go head to head with the prohibitive favorite,
County Materials of Marathon WI in game 101 at high noon on Saturday.
This will be a well attended game as both teams very popular in Wisconsin.

In an upset last evening, the Calgary Smokers were eliminated by
Green Bay in a 6-2 contest that ended at 2:45am

The new pool format at this year's World Tournament has provided some
interesting outcomes, including some teams that were quite pleased
with their performances. This would include Innerkip who went 4-0 in
round robin play. They lost to a top team, Circle Tap, so went home
pleased with their performance.

The Jarvis ON Merchants performed at a very respectable 3-1 record,
especially considering this was their first World Tournament.

The Kitchener Hallman Twins went 4-0 in round robin play and are
still in contention.

We have some great ball on schedule for tomorrow, starting at
noon.  Be sure to set your web dial to
<http://www.sportsjuice.com/providers2/index.php?tname=isc/>http://www.sportsjuice.com/providers2/index.php?tname=isc/

The live audio crew will be broadcasting all day Saturday starting
with the Circle Tap vs County Materials at high noon.

We understand from the web cast crew that they have been testing a
video feed to go with the audio option for tomorrow. Stand by for
news on that item.

 From the ballpark.

Al

Als Fastball List