[Alsfastball] Another Game in St Thomas

Al Doran aldoran at pmihrm.com
Tue Aug 30 17:52:34 EDT 2005

From: "Fred Wallace" <fredww5 at hotmail.com>
To: fastball at pmihrm.com
Subject: Another Game in St Thomas
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 09:58:45 -0400

 From Bench Talk
Mix 106.5 FM, Owen Sound

The Canadian Men's Fastball Championships are underway in St Thomas, Ontario.

And while I'm sure the games are competitive, there's an equally
competitive game taking place around the action, and centering on the
city of Owen Sound.

Quickly, there are 2 local factions attempting to facilitate the
establishment of a Senior Men's team back in Owen Sound.

Faction # 1 is looking at an operating budget of about $ 100,000
Canadian, with the ultimate goal being a return to the National
Championship for Owen Sound.

Faction # 2 is an American based group represented by different Owen
Sound interests.

This second group has a target budget of $ 200,000 U.S. and their
ultimate goal is to attempt to win the I.S.C. World Championships.

Both parties have already conducted, or attempted to conduct, their
meetings with the potential money men in the scenario.

The interesting thing when you look at the names and the money
involved in the proposals is that the real power broker could be
Frank Cox, an Owen Sounder, who is among the elite pitchers in the
game and has expressed an interest in playing at the same level, but
reamining a little closer to home.

Someone will win the Canadian Championship at St Thomas this week.

Somebody else may end up committing to a new fastball team in Owen Sound.

I'm Fred Wallace

  Als Fastball List
* Email: fastball at pmihrm.com
http://www.canadians2005.ca/ Aug 28 to Sept 4