[Alsfastball] Niagara Falls Playoffs

Al Doran aldoran at pmihrm.com
Thu Sep 8 11:56:12 EDT 2005

Subject: Niagara Falls Playoffs
Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2005 10:25:02 -0400
From: "Greatrix, Rob" <rgreatrix at kpmg.ca>

Niagara Falls Canada
Hi Al
Niagara Cool Hand Lukes defeated Red Hot Chilli Pepper 6-4 in game 5 last
night at Ker Park. CHL has won the NFMFL championship in the past under
their old name Falls Auto Body but it was quite some time ago. Their coach
Dave Rotella was telling me last night the last time he was in the
Championship was seven years ago. Great coach and a bunch of great guys, it
was nice to see them win again. It is a bit of an oddity that the past four
playoff champions in Niagara Falls have been the four teams that have been
the backbone of the league. Red Hot Chilli Pepper in 2002, Mack O'Rooney's
in 2003, Fury in 2004 and now Lukes in 2005. No dynasties in the Falls.
Also big congratulations go out to Red Hot Chilli Pepper. Smitty, Hicksy
and the boys put up a great fight again. They have had a year full of
changes and have had some major obstacles to overcome but continue to field
a great team.
That wraps up the NFMFL for another year. There are some discussions with
regards to additional team(s) in the NFMFL next year and I will try to keep
everyone in the loop as things get confirmed.
The awards banquet I believe is September 25th and I will update award
recipients following the presentations.
Again congratulations to Dave Rotella and Cool Hand Lukes.

Cool Hand Luke 6
Red Hot Chilli Pepper 4
WP Ron Winger
LP Andy Hicks