[Alsfastball] PRAWN rule - Roberto Bahler

Al Doran aldoran at pmihrm.com
Tue Sep 27 19:02:55 EDT 2005

From: "Roberto Bahler" <robahler at hotmail.com>

To: "Al Doran" <fastball at pmihrm.com>

Subject: PRAWN rule

----------
Hi Al,
I was reading Todd Budke's and Roger May's posts on the PRAWN rule
and must say that they are right when they say that fastpitch is
running out of players.

I don't think that big money teams are causing this. My personal
opinion is that fastpitch is "fighting" against other sports like
baseball, american football and basketball that are getting the
attention from young kids. They can play these sports in high school
because those sports are in most of high school sports programs and
if they are good enough there's a good chance that those boys will
get scholarships or even go pro and make a living one way or the other.

We turn on the TV and can see basketball, american football and
baseball. We watch ESPN or FOX Sports and find out about amazing
contracts that players sign almost everyday in any of these 3 sports.

We can read in almost every newspaper around the world and there's a
good chance that either one of those 3 sports will have an article on it.
If we say that fastpitch is going downhill and blame the big money
teams for this, we are looking on a small part of big picture.
Thanks,

Roberto Bahler

From: "Roberto Bahler" <robahler at hotmail.com>

  Als Fastball List