[Alsfastball] PRAWN Regulation Amended by I.S.C. Executive Committee

Al Doran aldoran at pmihrm.com
Sat Oct 1 00:25:19 EDT 2005

From: "Susie and Gordie Wise" <sgwise at woh.rr.com>
Subject: PRAWN amendment release
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2005 23:55:19 -0400

PRAWN Regulation Amended by I.S.C. Executive Committee

The International Softball Congress has made a significant amendment in the
recently enacted PRAWN regulation.

Larry Fisher, Chair of the ISC Executive Committee, has announced a recent
approval by the committee of an amendment FOR THE 2006 SEASON ONLY.

This amendment will allow all teams for the 2006 season to have two PRAWN
pitchers.  This amendment has no effect on the number of PRAWN players a
team can have.  It only allows a team to carry two PRAWN pitchers instead
of the original motion which restricted teams to one PRAWN pitcher.

The rationale for the amendment is to help "level the playing field" with
those teams who are allowed to have two hurlers with PRAWN credentials
because they pitched for the same team during the 2005 season.

The player rep committee and the ISC Executive Committee are still firmly
behind the PRAWN regulation, according to Chairman Fisher, who points out
that the amendment will only be in effect for the 2006 ISC playing season.

September 30, 2005

Gordon Wise
ISC Information Officer
<http://www.iscfastpitch.com/>www.iscfastpitch.com