Tribe Fastball Tournament - 2006 Edition

Al Doran aldoran at pmihrm.com
Wed Oct 12 18:35:04 EDT 2005

From: "Michael Kelly" <kellymikej at hotmail.com>
To: fastball at pmihrm.com
Subject: Tribe Fastball Tournament - 2006 Edition

----------
Wyevale, ON

Thought I would plant the seed now before the
snow flies and hockey consumes our every thought.

On the Canada Day Weekend in 2006 the Wyevale
Tribe will continue a long standing tradition by
hosting their annual fastball tournament to be
held in Elmvale, ON, with Wyevale, ON as the
secondary diamond.  The tournament will be held
during the July 1st weekend (June 30, July 1-2).

Last year the tournament format changed from the
traditional double knockout to a round robin
format that guaranteed 3 games for all
teams.  Due to the success of this format, this
year we will continue with the pool format, and
hope to garner the interest of 12 teams (last year we had 10).

Based on a 12 team format, the Tribe will be able
to put up $1,000.00 to the champion.  Teams will
be grouped into 4 pools of 3.  Each team will
play the other 2 teams in their pool.  Then the
top 2 teams from each pool will be seeded into a
single elimination tournament to decide the A
Champion.  The bottom team in each pool will be
seeded into their own single elimination
tournament to determine the B
Champion.  Championship game is scheduled for 2:15 on Sunday.

Last Year’s participants included:

Wyevale Tribe

Minesing Monarchs – 2005 Champs

Orangeville – 2nd at 2005 Ontario Challenge Cup

Milverton Millwrights – 2004 Champs

Those interested should contact Shane Bywater by
email at
<mailto:shane at apexia.ca>shane at apexia.ca.  Entry
Fee will be $300.00, and pitching is limited to
ISCII caliber (based on rules set out by the
ISC).  Reserve your spot today, and we’ll contact
you at the beginning of next season to confirm the entry.

Visit
<http://mailstart.com/redir.asp?u=http://www.srfl.org/>www.srfl.org
for relatively current Tribe Information.

Michael Kelly

Tribe Fastball Club
kellymikej at hotmail.com

  Als Fastball List