Saskatoon Awarded 2009 ISF Mens World Championship

Al Doran aldoran at pmihrm.com
Thu Nov 3 20:38:18 EST 2005

Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2005 19:50:17 -0500
From: "Mat Gentès" <mgentes(at)softball.ca>
Subject: Saskatoon Awarded 2009 ISF Mens World Championship

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Saskatoon Awarded 2009 ISF Men’s World Championship
November 3rd, 2005

(Ottawa) Softball Canada is thrilled to announce that Saskatoon,
Saskatchewan was
awarded the 2009 ISF Men’s World Championship at the ISF’s 22nd Congress in
Kaohsiung,
Taiwan.

“Having hosted a large number of tournaments in the past we are looking
forward, with
delight, to hosting the XII World Men’s Softball Championship in
2009.  Being able to
host our national team, as well as teams from 15 other countries will be a
highlight for
our volunteers.”  Keith Mclean, President, Saskatoon Amateur Softball
Association

Saskatoon played host to a number of international softball competitions,
hosting the
Senior Women’s Worlds in 2002 and previously hosting the Senior Men’s
Worlds in 1987.

Mark Smith, Softball Canada’s Men’s National Team Head Coach, on
Saskatoon’s winning
bid. "There is no greater honour for an athlete than to represent their
country on home
soil.  The province of Saskatchewan has a rich history in the game of
softball and I'm
sure will put on a show second to none. Congratulations to Keith Maclean
and his bid
committee. We look forward to the event".

Canada finished 2nd at the 2004 ISF Men’s World Championship.  Canada took
the gold in
1992, 1976, and 1972.

For more information:
Ron Gallinger