Softball Canada's Communication for the Men's Game

Tom Taylor td.tom at telus.net
Thu Nov 3 20:41:25 EST 2005

I have often ranted about Softball Canada's lack of ability to communicate
about the Men's game.
And this month holds another tale to tell.

It's amazing to me the Canadian Women's scores get on the net so quickly.
The scores are posted against power houses from Western Kentucky Community
College immediately.

The Around the Horn, Softball Canada's Newsletter to the masses was just
issued. Finally I thought to myself, information about the Men's team. Do
they have tryouts, what tourneys, exhibition games who, what where will
they be playing etc. etc.

Well guess what, absolutely nothing. Oh that's not totally true Mark Smith
will be briefing the Softball Canada members at the AGM in Montreal next week.

Oh yes, rule changes and policy's. The Senior Men's Championship Hosting
fees are going up to $40,000. the Junior Men's is going up also. This is to
compensate for the loss in revenues from the Women's and Junior hosting
fees that are going down to $6000.

Oh and Softball Canada will be using (If it goes through) the ASA bat specs
when the whole men's nation uses the ISF/ISC specs.

Well fans, things are looking up, Saskatoon will be hosting the ISF Men's
in 2009. I know that they will do a great job. Just think only 4 more years
to the next men's press release.

Tom Taylor
Cell 604-805-0648 Fax 604-946-6152
mailto:td.tom(at)telus.net