Lords Land - November 2nd

Al Doran aldoran at pmihrm.com
Tue Nov 8 13:11:14 EST 2005

From: "Mal Swift" <malswift(at)rogers.com>
To: "Al Doran" <fastball(at)pmihrm.com>
Subject:  Lords Land - November 2nd
Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2005 13:07:46 -0600

Oshawa,ON

The Durham Lords Women's Collegiate Fastball team won silver on October
20-23 at the 2005 OCAA Women's Fastball Championships in Hamilton, at
Mohawk Sports Park hosted by Mohawk College.  On their way to their silver
medal performance; the Lords completed their third straight perfect 12-0
regular season, Durham captured the regular season pennant for the ninth
consecutive season, and it was the program’s ninth consecutive Championship
medal finish and 18th in 19 seasons.

The Lords also earned some individual hardware, as the OCAA Women’s
Fastball Championship Awards Banquet was part of the festivities over the
weekend.  Unbelievably, Coach Jim Nemish (17th season) was named OCAA Coach
of the Year for just the second time in his illustrious 17-year OCAA career
(2000 Coach of the Year).

Assistant coach, Rosemary Theriault (3rd Season) said it best, “Finally,
it’s amazing when you think that Jim has been coaching in this league for
17 years and has won a medal every year but one.”  Nemish, was quick to
pass on the accolades to his staff, “It’s nice to finally get some
recognition for all of the hard work of all of our coaches – I share it
with them because we work together, we’re a team”.  His resume speaks for
itself, including 265 career OCAA wins, 16 medal finishes in 17 seasons and
a 56 game conference unbeaten streak.

Not to be outdone, Jim’s players; shortstop Kristy Kelly (3rd Year Nursing)
and centre fielder Kathy Glen (1st Year Dental Reception) were selected as
OCAA League All-Stars, while Kristy also took home the OCAA batting title,
and the title of OCAA Top Hitter.  She batted .467 with 14 hits, 12 runs
scored and 10 RBIs in 30 plate appearances.

“I was happy with the year I had,” said Kristy Kelly.  “I just tried to
stay focused and hit the ball hard, and having all my teammates cheering me
on always helped”.

*quotes attained by - Matthew Collison, DC /UOIT The Chronicle

Complete 2005 OCAA Women’s Fastball Championships:
www.ocaa.com/sports/fastpitch/news/?id=960

2005 Durham Lords Women’s Fastball

OCAA Silver Medalists

Regular Season Champions

Jim Nemish - OCAA Coach of the Year

Kristy Kelly - OCAA Top Hitter, OCAA League All-Star

Kathy Glen - OCAA League All-Star

                                                                         Lords
Conference Record: 13-1

Lords Overall Record: 20-2

Lords Next Action: 2006 Season

Cory Lusted

Sport Information & Marketing Officer

Department of Athletics

ext. 2784

<http://www.durhamlords.com>www.durhamlords.com

Mal Swift <mailto:malswift at rogers.com>malswift(at)rogers.com
Oshawa City and District Fastball League - Vice President - Media
and   Promotion
Durham Region Umpire Membership - Vice President
SpinMaster Pitching/Catching School - Head Instructor
Coach - Durham Jack's Fillin Station Eagles - OCDFL
Assistant Coach - Durham College Women's Varsity Fastball Team - OCAA
International Softball Congress II (Intermediate Men) - Game
Controller/Awards Committee

    fastball at pmihrm.com
http://www.AlsFastball.com/
Our New Condo: http://www.bytheowner.com/27828 for Sale or Rent