Women’s teams looking ahead to finals

Al Doran aldoran at pmihrm.com
Tue Dec 6 18:46:28 EST 2005

From:  Vance <vance(at)vanf-graphics.co.nz>
Subject:  Women’s_teams_looking_ahead_to_finals

Women’s teams looking ahead to finals
Wednesday December 7th 2005

With one weekend of round robin play to go in the New Zealand
CommunityTrust Women’s National League the top four sides have
been already beenfound for the finals series.

While finals spots may be secure this weekend will still be important
forthe sides as they look for a high placing in the top four
which wouldresult in a more favourable draw for finals weekend.

Going into this weekend Hutt Valley, Auckland, Wellington and
CentralVikings will be jostling for positions and any advantage
they can getahead of the finals series.

Defending champions Hutt Valley currently sit at the top of the
pointstable tied with Auckland and these two sides will meet
this weekend withwho ever comes out on top there likely to go
into finals weekend with thenumber one placing.

Hutt Valley coach Naomi Shaw says while the trophies won’t be
awardedthis weekend the games this weekend are still important
as her side looksfor the number one spot after round robin play.

“We are aware that we have some tough games ahead of us with
Auckland andWellington. We want some good performances leading
into the semis andfinals, it is important for us to establish
a high benchmark and maintainit,” said Shaw.

While Shaw may have her eye on the title she is very aware on
the neednot to look too far ahead and rather than focus on the
finals is moreconcerned about this weekend.

“We take it one game at a time and try and play the best we can
in everygame and not look too far ahead. I think the competition
is very even andall of the top four teams on a good day can take
the title so it isimportant for us that we perform well in every
game.”

In games this weekend at Fraser Park, Lower Hutt the home side
HuttValley has double headers scheduled against Auckland and
Wellington whileCentral Vikings also have double headers against
the sameopposition.

Saturday December 10th
11.00am Hutt Valley v Wellington, Fraser Park, Lower Hutt.
1.00pm Wellington v Central Vikings, Fraser Park, Lower Hutt.
3.00pm Hutt Valley v Auckland, Fraser Park, Lower Hutt.
5.00pm Central Vikings v Auckland, Fraser Park, Lower Hutt.

Sunday December 11th
9.00am Auckland v Central Vikings, Fraser Park, Lower Hutt.
11.00am Wellington v Central Vikings, Fraser Park, Lower Hutt.
1.00pm Hutt Valley v Auckland, Fraser Park, Lower Hutt.
3.00pm Hutt Valley v Wellington, Fraser Park, Lower Hutt.

By SNZ Media Liaison: Kelly Mitchell
* mailto:kelly.mitchell(at)xtra.co.nz

http://www.softball.org.nz/
*mailto:snz(at)softball.org.nz