ISC Moves Website

fastball fastball at pmihrm.com
Thu Apr 20 22:31:49 EDT 2006

From: "Gordie Wise" <sgwise(at)woh.rr.com>
To: "Al Doran" <fastball(at)pmihrm.com>
Subject: Press release
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 20:16:15 -0400

ISC Moves Website

Now you see it, now you see it. Regular visitors to the ISC web
site may have noticed some subtle changes to the web site in
the last day or two.

The familiar, mostly blue screen of http://www.iscfastpitch.com/
is now mostly white. And behind this change are many more changes
to the
most popular web site in the fastball world.

The reasons for this relate to a decision to move from our old
host site BlueGenesis to a new provider, Net Reliant
http://www.netreliant.com/

The reasons for this were many and complicated but involved the
retirement of our previous webmaster Brent Wade, a professional
who has given the ISC many years of fine service. Brent assisted
our ISC Web Director, Al Doran, with the technical side of the
web site and produced a complete makeover of the site on a couple
of occasions and automated many facets of the site including
the Tournament List and Contact List but most notably the results
page of the World Tournament. Al has been able to update the
web site within minutes of the end of each game at the WT.

With Brent's retirement, the ISC chose Net Reliant to host the
ISC web site and to do a complete makeover, providing a whole
new set of tools to Al Doran to make changes to the site. Al
highly recommended Net Reliant and its founder, Rahemin Nanji
for the job as he has seen a great deal of his previous work
"and was most impressed.  Net Reliant also recently did a total
conversion of Al's Fastball Site as well http://www.alsfastball.com/
and he was most pleased with the results and the level of customer
service."
.

For the past few weeks, Al and Net Reliant have been working
behind
the scenes converting the almost 1,000 pages of the ISC site
over to a new automated format. This week, they physically moved
the site from Blue Genesis to Net Reliant, and by now everyone
should be able to see the results.

"The main objective of the move" says Al Doran, our Web Site
Director, "is to have our web site on a stable platform with
the same people who assist us with the technical managment of
the site. With the move, we will be using a new tool called
ReliantCMS, a Content Management Solution provided by Net Reliant,
to enable us to make website content changes more quickly and
efficiently,
with the bottom line being fastball fans world wide can see the
news faster."

ISC Executive Director Ken Hackmeister congratulated Al and Rahemin
on the work done and the smooth transition of the web site. The
change comes at a key time for the ISC where soon there will
be announcments of Team Rankings, Out of Area Player Lists, and
before we know it, the schedule for the World Tournament and
the ISC - II
Tournament of Champions.  In today’s world of instant electronic
information, the ISC cannot afford to sit back and not take advantage
of the latest technology.

Net Reliant is pleased at the opportunity to be working with
the ISC and
Looks forward to providing the organization with ongoing services,
solutions, and
support.

April 20, 2006
Gordon Wise - - - ISC Information Officer
sgwise(at)woh.rr.com
www.iscfastpitch.com

   fastball at pmihrm.com

Visit our New Web Site! http://www.pmihrm.com