Monkton - World Fastball Inv. - UPDATE

fastball fastball at pmihrm.com
Tue Jun 20 13:04:38 EDT 2006

From:  "Brian Baillie" <baillie(at)cyg.net>

Subject:  Monkton - World Fastball Inv. - UPDATE

Monkton, Ont.

We are all set to go!!

The 3rd edition of the World Fastball Invitational is little
more than 1 week away, and I'm very excited to give you some
much anticipated updates regarding the tourny.

First, I must mention to my friends Larry Lynch and Keith MacIntosh;
congrats on both of you pulling off "miracles" in simply getting
your tourny's in. Well done! Poor weather is every tourny directors
nightmare and you showed amazing resolve, professionalism, and
dedication by making the best of some horrible weather.  Speaking
on behalf of all players or teams involved, thanks for your hard
work - it is very much appreciated.

Now, where to begin with our own tourny. Well, we've put the
finishing touches on our infield surface, and now boast what
I think is a "world class diamond", complete with newly installed
lighting!  Final adjustments were made just last week, and I
must say they light up the night brilliantly!

Contractors have been, and will continue to be busy installing
new and additional electrical and high-speed internet lines,
plumbing, broadcast centre, food booths, and of course - our
"famous" beer tent! - complete with our major sponsor "Bud-Light"
on tap.  www.budlight.com

We are also very pleased with the response to adding a new wrinkle
- the "Easton Home Run Challenge".
The great folks at Easton  www.eastonsports.com  have generously
offered some great awards to this highly anticipated event scheduled
for 7:00PM Friday June 30. Some of the biggest and best power
hitters in the game will square off in the contest to see who
launches the most balls over the fence. Additionally, all Minor
Softball kids entering the ballpark WEARING THEIR UNIFORM will
have a chance to have their name drawn prior to the derby and
be paired up with a "slugger" in hopes of having their hero capture
the title AND $500.00 dollars worth of Easton products for their
team!!!!!

Also new this year, are FULL service camping/RV/trailer facilities
- still located right at the park. Many have asked, many more
have booked already, and heres hoping that this additional convenience
will be satisfactory to everyones needs.

Of course, our week-end would not be complete without some great
live entertainment!!  Our Friday night features an amazing group
"Settlers Creek", who drew raves from audiences at last years
IPM near Listowel. The Saturday night band - "Need An Elevator"
will have everyone rockin'  and partying to their pop-rock-classic
brand of music!  Their local flavour and vast array of music
is guaranteed to please!!

 In keeping with our tradition of great food, we are again having
the "Beef Bar-B-Q" on Saturday from 5 - 7PM, and our now-famous
Sunday morning "Firemans Brunch". Get your tickets at the ball-park
for both!!

A NOTE TO PASS ALONG - Fridays games will begin at 1:00PM***
 and all other games pushed back 1 hour.  (therefore, games will
be at 1,3,and 5PM, Home Run Derby at 7, and County vs. Heflin
at 8PM)

More info to follow every few days leading up to the tourny....

Brian Baillie - Chairman
World Fastball Invitational

From:  "Brian Baillie" <baillie(at)cyg.net>

   fastball at pmihrm.com