New faces to the fore for New Zealand Softball

Al's Fastball News fastball at pmihrm.com
Sun Aug 27 16:53:56 EDT 2006

From:  Vance <vanf(at)ihug.co.nz>

Subject:  New faces to the fore for New Zealand Softball

New faces to the fore for New Zealand Softball
Sunday August 27th 2006

The New Zealand Softball AGM and Annual Conference which closed
in LowerHutt today has seen the election of two new representatives
on the boardof New Zealand Softball and the appointment of a
new president.

Current life member Danae Goosman has been appointed as the new
presidentof New Zealand Softball and is looking forward to continuing
her serviceto the sport of softball which has already spanned
many years.

When first asked to stand for the position Goosman admits to
a degree ofreluctance but accepted the nomination due to her
passion for the gameand her desire to see the sport grow.

“I believe one of the president’s functions is to represent the
interestsof the stake holders of the game and I think those stake
holders are theassociations,” said Goosman.

In new appointments to the board of New Zealand Softball Hutt
Valleybusinessman Wayne Stemp has been elected along with Mark
Carter a sportsadministrator in Hawkes Bay. The third person
elected was Eric Eden whoreturns for his third term on the board.

Stemp has served on the board of Hutt Valley Softball for the
last twoyears and is looking forward to taking that on to a national
level. Stempsays the management and administration of all sport
is changingdramatically and he believes funding and participation
are key issues forthe sport of softball.

“I believe that youth participation and communities are very
importantand sport is something that keeps communities together,”
said Stemp.

The other new face on the board is Hawkes Bay Softball executive
officerMark Carter who is the current manager of the Junior Black
Sox. Instanding for the board Carter says he is looking forward
to being part ofthe decision making.

“My first goal is to be there for more than one term and to do
that Ihave to be seen to be adding some value to the board in
the next twoyears and my number one priority is to be transparent,”
said Carter.

All positions elected at the meeting this weekend are for a two
yearterm.

By SNZ Media Liaison: Kelly Mitchell
* mailto:kelly.mitchell at xtra.co.nz

http://www.softball.org.nz/