Rock Valley College Club Team (Fall Update)

Al's Fastball News fastball at pmihrm.com
Sun Oct 22 23:33:39 EDT 2006

From:  "Timothy Hatten" <TimH(at)ednet.rvc.cc.il.us>

Subject:  Rock Valley College Club Team (Fall Update)

For Immediate Release
Rockford, IL.
10/22/06
=================
        The Rock Valley College Men's Fastpitch Club is announcing
that the club has officially adopted a name for the team. In
the past, club members have discussed the need to have name to
identify with. Many teams across the country have innovative,
interesting or descriptive names for fans, players, and opponents
to identify with (i.e. Circle Tap Lumberjacks, Dekalb Hustle
Hogs, BHAC Pride, Hallman Twins, etc. ).
        The team will now be officially known as the RVC Clubbers.
The name came from the combination of a big bat that can look
like a club and the fact that we are a club team affiliated with
a college. Thus the name Clubbers seemed an appropriate name
for our team. A new image has been adopted that will fit with
the Clubber name and will be displayed on various team apparel,
team website and newsletter.
        The team will also be putting out a newsletter that will
be circulated throughout the RVC campus and participated in RVC
Club day on September 20th on the RVC campus. The plan will be
to have a newsletter created once/month throughout the 2006-2007.
The newsletter will contain: Box scores from league games, tournaments,
player profiles, club fundraising events, practice schedules,
game schedules, and community service projects. We hope that
this will be a great way to spread the word about the club and
its activities.  Our September newsletter is posted on your club
website, with the October Newsletter coming out this week.
        The Interncouncil Club day is a special day for all RVC
clubs to set up a booth to expose other students to the clubs
activities. This is also a day where clubs recruit new members
for the upcoming year. This was the first time that the RVC Clubbers
were be able to participate in this special event. Club President,
Ryan McDuffa and Treasurer, Paul Boyd  manned the booth, spreading
the good word about the great sport of fastpitch softball.
 Club resulted in eight new RVC students interested in participating
in the sport of fastpitch softball.
Finally, the club has launched a new website for this upcoming
season.   The website will include our roster, schedule, pictures,
statistics, etc.  The site can be accessed at the site below:

http://www.rvc.cc.il.us/faclink/thatten/RVC_Clubbers/index.htm

Wish us luck as we continue to expand the only college men's
fastpitch club in the United States.

Tim Hatten
Advisor, RVC Clubbers
timh(at)ednet.rvc.cc.il.us