Sponsorship for a young Hockey Player

Al's Fastball News fastball at pmihrm.com
Wed Jun 6 17:15:57 EDT 2007

From:  "Dan Fisher" <dankfish(at)nrtco.net>

Subject:  Sponsorship for a young Hockey Player

(Fastball connection here is that Dan Fisher is an ISC Umpire
I know and we are looking for ideas to help fulfill this young
man's dreams - hope you can help.)

Sponsorship for a Pro-Hockey Player of Tomorrow

Derek I. Bristol

My name is Derek Bristol, a determined 15-year-old youth who
aspires to become a Professional Hockey player in the not too
distant future. However, in order to meet this goal, I need support
through donations to assist me with my enrolment at the World
Hockey Centre. The program offers daily intense training and
excellent tutoring on and off the ice in order to develop skills,
strength, agility and power. Training is administrated by former
pro hockey players. I will be required to reside at the facility
from September 2007 to March 2008. The educational standards
are high and all players attending high school at the facility
are required to maintain an 80% average in order to play on the
team or have any form of ice time whilst enrolled in the program.
The facility is a world class state of the art training facility
set on 9 acre property located in Shelburne, Ontario. It promotes
a tremendous hockey environment with a NHL style dressing room
3000sq ft in size; weight training equipment and gym, indoor
and outdoor training facilities.  The organization has traditionally
placed players at the NCAA, Major Junior and professional levels.
The objective at the World Hockey Centre is to build and develop
the skills of young hockey players who wish to aspire to play
at a professional level.

With your support during my stay there, I will also be playing
on a Junior A (Greater Metro Hockey League) hockey team called
the Bradford Rattlers. The Rattlers hockey club is a multinational
organization featuring player’s predominately from Canada, USA,
and numerous European countries. It is a championship club and
is based at the World Hockey Centre.

I am a young dedicated athlete whose dream is to become a pro
hockey player. I have love and passion for the game and have
been playing hockey for approximately 8 years. I am committed
to playing the sport and have the drive, passion, and discipline
that create a professional player. To date I have been awarded
many awards and medals such as Most Valuable Player, Most Improved
Player and Most Sportsmanship Award. Also I was accepted in to
an intense hockey program for a year in Kelowna BC which worked
on hockey skills and schooling at the same time. Besides hockey,
I am a grade 9 student attending Bishop Smith Catholic High School
in Pembroke Ontario. I work part time mowing lawns, and raking
leaves for neighbours. I have also worked during the summer time
in Kelowna BC at a driving range called the Golf Centre.

The full cost of the program is $29,000. I have contributed $7,000
of my own money hence I am seeking $22,000 in funding. I am asking
contributors to donate and please note that that any amount donated
whether large our small is highly appreciated.  Your generous
donation will enable me to experience this wonderful opportunity
to potentially realize a dream.

Thank you in advance for your consideration, interest and support.
For further information on the World Hockey Centre you can peruse
their website at http://www.worldhockeycentre.com or contact
Mr. Jenya Feldman at (800) 905-0270. For further information
on myself please contact Dan Fisher at dankfish(at)nrtco.net

Sincerely

Derek Bristol

 From:  "Dan Fisher" <dankfish(at)nrtco.net>

   fastball at pmihrm.com