Softball Canada Names its 2007 Junior Women's National Team

Al's Fastball News fastball at pmihrm.com
Tue Jun 12 09:13:51 EDT 2007

From:  "Gilles Leblanc" <gleblanc(at)softball.ca>

Subject:  Softball_Canada_Names_its_2007_Junior_Women's_National_Tea

MIME Ver:  1.0
Attachments:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

June 11th, 2007

Softball Canada Names its 2007 Junior Women's National Team

(Ottawa, ON) - Seventeen (17) of Canada's brightest future female
softball players have been named to the Junior Women's National
Team and will represent Canada at the 8th ISF Junior Women’s
World Championships in Enschede, Netherlands from June 20thto
the 30th.

The athletes who have been chosen to represent Canada at the
Junior Women’s World Championships are:

Jenna Caira, Toronto, ON

Pearl Coleshill, Toronto, ON

Emily Densem, Toronto, ON

Charlotte Dolan, Coquitlam, BC

Corrine Doornberg, Langley, BC

Robyn Draper, Brampton, ON

Megan Evans, Brooklin, ON

Jesslyn Hodge, Vancouver, BC

Jillian Lafrance, Calgary, AB

Katrina Lavadan, Scarborough, ON

Stephanie LeClair, Kitchener, ON

Richelle McGarva, Cloverdale, BC

Leah McIntosh, Whitby, ON

Tanya McLean, Delta, BC

Carly Moir, White Rock, BC

Heidi Purtzer, Scottsdale, Arizona

Jessica Tieszen, South Surrey, BC

Coaching Staff

Head Coach:               Mark Sanderson, Brampton, ON

Assistant Coach:         Glenn Boles, St. Catherines, ON

Assistant Coach:         Cherene Hiesl, Newmarket, ON

Assistant Coach:         Melissa Basilio, Pickering, ON

Operations Manager:   Harvey Stevenson, Victoria, BC

Athletic Therapist:      Mike Austin, Toronto, ON

“I am excited about the team’s chances at the ISF Junior Women’s
World Championships in Enschede, Netherlands” stated Mark Sanderson,
Head Coach of the Junior Women’s National Team. “Now that the
team has been picked, we have a few more days of practice in
Ontario and three exhibition games in Enschede to fine tune our
play. We have a good mixture of experienced and first year players
and they look forward to the journey ahead.”

Softball Canada is the National Sport Governing Body for the
development and regulation of softball in Canada.  Its broad
objectives are to promote, encourage and develop mass participation
and international excellence in softball.

-SC-

For more information please contact:

Gilles LeBlanc

Sport/Recreation Management Intern

MBA in Sport and Recreation Management

University of New Brunswick

Coordinator: Marketing and Communications Services

Softball Canada

(613) 523-3386 ext 3105

gleblanc(at)softball.ca               www.softball.ca

   fastball at pmihrm.com