Monkton 2007... Update

Al's Fastball News fastball at pmihrm.com
Fri Jun 22 00:20:45 EDT 2007

From:  "brian baillie" <theace012(at)hotmail.com>

Subject:  Monkton 2007... Update

PRESS RELEASE

Monkton Ont
June 21, 2007

We are now down to less than a week away from the 4th edition
of the World
Fastball Invitational in Monkton, and final preparations have
begun to
ensure the 2007 version lives up to it's billing as "the finest
week-end in
fastball".

With the recent "test series" between Canada and New Zealand
being played in
the area, I had the opportunity to hear from fans and players,
just how
excited they are in anticipation of our event. Many asked what
is new? What
are you doing this year? How can it possibly be any better?...
Well, first - we've added an in-ground sprinkler/irrigation system
to the
infield to keep the dust down during those hot, dry summer days,
and to also
solidify the reputation we boast of having one of the premier
infields in
the game.
Second, we are hosting a FOOD-DRIVE promotion in conjunction
with the Easton
Home Run Challenge www.eastonsports.com on Friday evening to
benefit our
local food banks. Anyone 18 and under that brings a non-perishable
food
item can fill out a ballot for a chance to win Leafs/Raptors,
London Knights
tickets. We will also once again give youngsters who arrive at
the park in
their team uniform a chance to win the opportunity to be paired
up with one
of the 9 Home Run Challenge particpants in hopes of that player
winning the
competition AND $500.00 in Easton gear for their team!! Kids
- visit the
Easton tent to fill out a ballot BEFORE 6:45 Friday night!!
Third, we are doing something new this year - by having a "Day
Camp" for
kids aged 3-11. Parents can bring their children to the park
on Saturday and
our certified and trained Child Care team will show them a day
to remember!
- complete with games, crafts, amusement gym, and an autograph
session with
the players!!!! Parents interested in having their children enrolled
can
pre-register by visiting our website www.monktonfastball.com
We will once again have the Softball Ontario tent on-site, promoting
and
educating parents and younsters about our wonderful game, as
well as the ISC
World Tournament Host Committee from the Kitchener on site to
promote the
World Championships in Aug.
As always, we will feature all the great food and drink that
has made us
famous - avail. all week-end long outside in the huge Bud-Light
beer tent
www.budlight.ca as well as the Sat night Beef B-B-Q, and the
traditional
Sunday morning Firemens Brunch. - oh, and of course those delicious
Anna
Mae's pies and ice cream!

And what WFI would be complete without some great live entertainment!!!

Need An Elevator will perform in the arena Sat. night. Tickets
are going
fast, so get them soon!!!

As mentioned in previous postings here on Al's , we will not
only be
broadcasting our final game this year, but our opening night
game as well!
CKNX www.am920.ca will be your link to click to catch all the
action
live!! You can also catch all the pre-tourny interviews with
team owners,
managers and coaches and ads. by listening to the 7:00am and
8:00am
news(sports)

Stay tuned here for more info in the coming days!

Brian Baillie - Chairman
World Fastball Invitational

  <theace012(at)hotmail.com>

   fastball at pmihrm.com