JR MEN'S - WOLVERINES EDGE QUEBEC 2-1

Al's Fastball News fastball at pmihrm.com
Mon Aug 6 18:03:12 EDT 2007

From:  Patrick Healey <pat_healey21(at)hotmail.com>

Subject:  JR MEN'S - WOLVERINES EDGE QUEBEC 2-1

SUMMERSIDE - Scarborough Wolverine shortstop Nick Dambrosio broke
the Quebec hearts scoring the game winning run on a wild pitch
by Francis LeClair in the top of the eighth inning as the Ontario
champions won 2-1 at the 2007 Causeway Bay Softball Canada Junior
Men’s fast pitch championship.Scarborugh had just three hits
while Quebec managed just four of their own in the low scoring,
low-hitting contest.
LeClair was throwing heat in the pitcher’s duel with Wolverine
pitcher Andrew Putham, striking out six on 128 pitches. Putham
threw 105 pitches in the complete game, striking out four while
walking four.
"I feel better pitching when just focused on pitching and not
hitting," Putham said of Chris Lewis taking his spot hitting
for the game. "We just got to go out there and do what we have
and good things will happen."
Brandon Horn (1-2, walk, stolen base), Dale Broadway (1-2, walk,
stolen base) were the other hits.
Quebec hits came from Miguel Mottard (2-3, stolen base, RBI),
J.D. Doucette (1-3, run scored) and Charles Hebert (1-2).

   fastball at pmihrm.com