COME JOIN US IN AUGUST AT THE NORTHERNS

Al's Fastball News fastball at pmihrm.com
Tue Jul 21 16:31:02 EDT 2009

From:  "roger legendre" <er_legendre at sympatico.ca>
Add to People Section

PRESS RELEASE

     COME JOIN US IN AUGUST AT THE NORTHERNS

                                                  We are calling
upon all former fastball players from the 50's , 60's , 70's
and 80's  who played here in the Greater City of Sudbury with
the old Nickel Men's Fastball League , the Church League , the
North End League and other leagues of those fabulous eras (ladies
and men) to join us for the 4th Annual Brad Ringuette Northern
Ontrio Open Ladies and Men's Fastball Championships . Your old
friend for many of you Metro Szeryk will be in town and our guest
for the weekend throwing out the first ceremonial pitch . If
yiou're coming from out of town you can just reach me by email
and I'll give the name of the hotel where all of our out town
teams will be staying and for the same low rte. When you email
, do it soon enough and tell me from   what       era you hail
from ( roaring 50's , fabulous 60's , exciting 70's , or changing
80's ) , what team or teams did you play for and what position
you played . I would expect players such as Gilles Patry ,, Bob
Dolan , Ike MacDonald , Dick Decosse , Bob Sherman , Tom Malone
, Moe Martel , Roy Chevrette , Bob Alexander , George the Candy
Man Martel , Denis the Red Dallaire , Andy Queneville , Pat Bleau
, John Robert ,Oscar Clouthier ,Ed Marynuck , Steve Smith ,Jim
Smith ,Chi Chi Ferrenzina ,Jim Cappodocia , Ron Robert , Ray
Dugas ,John Valiquette , Ron Dupuis (presently our deputy mayor)Kelper(umpires
from then)  and others I've forgotten to name to join us for
that weekend  , watch the new kids on the block play 21st century
fastball and also reminis with Metro and their friends . Start
now and get in touch with me through my email address at er_legendre at sympatico.ca
 .. Spread the word , tell your friends and will see you in a
month from today when the tournament starts.

START SPREADING THE WORD       If you've foorgotten who I am
hear my voice say Play ball ! Jouons a la balle molle .Later
you'd here the phrase I made famous as a play by play fastball
announcer  two twenty two .I think that will ring a bell

  Yours in fastball ,

  Roger Legendre

  League Statistitian

  Tournament Convenor