Sargeant Rick McDonald

Al's Fastball News fastball at pmihrm.com
Wed Jul 29 23:50:55 EDT 2009

SERGEANT RICK McDONALD

            Today Tuesday July the 28th is a very somber day
for several of my fastball player friends ,fans of fastball and
the family of Rick McDonald .Its on this very day that Rick was
killed in the line of duty .
             Sargeant Rick McDonald was a twelve year veteran
of the Greater  Sudbury  Police Force . Rick also played fastball
and in his honor the league took his name .Every June the league
holds a Rick McDonald Memorial Fastball Tournament as well as
a Slo-Pitch tournament .A good part of the money gained here
goes to help charitable causes such as buying bicycles for under
privilege kids , send children with afflicted serious illnesses
and their families to trips at Disneyworld as well as beautify
the park named after him in Azilda . Our good friend who left
us much to early is survived by his wife Corinne Fewster also
a police officer.
             On Thursday night July the 30th , at the Lorne Brady
Memorial Park in Garson, just prior to the opening game between
the Dog House Sportsbar North Stars and the Sudbury Athletics
, we  will honor the memory of Sergeant Rick McDonald . We hope
that many fans , former players  and  friends  will be out for
the special ceremony planned for that evening..

                    Yours in fastball,
                   Roger Legendre
                   Public Relations Liaison/Advisor

   fastball at pmihrm.com