Fw: Day 2 results - Gahan House Fawcetts Invitational

fastball at pmihrm.com fastball at pmihrm.com
Sun Jun 20 18:03:27 EDT 2010

------Original Message------
From: Jody Jewers
To: Al (John Allen) Doran
To: Truro Daily News
To: sports at dailygleaner.com
To: sports at theguardian.pe.ca
To: Herald Sports
Subject: Day 2 results - Gahan House Fawcetts Invitational
Sent: 20 Jun 2010 17:52

Following are results from Day 2 of the Charlottetown Gahan House
Fawcetts Invitational fastpitch tournament at the Central Fields in
Charlottetown, P.E.I., on Sunday, June 20:

ROUND-ROBIN (five-inning games)

Diamond 1

Game 5 -- Fredericton Twins 5 Brookfield Elks 0

WP - Peter Mersereau; LP - Randy Frame.

Fredericton: Edan Welch, two-run homer; David Kirkpatrick, two-run
single; Peter Mersereau, RBI-single.

Diamond 2 (score only)

Game 5 -- N.S. Murphy's Fish and Chips Eagles juniors 3 Halifax
Blackburn Transport 1

Final round-robin standings

N.S. Murphy's Fish and Chips Eagles juniors 4-0
Halifax Blackburn Transport 2-2
Charlottetown Gahan House Fawcetts 2-2
Fredericton Twins 1-3
Brookfield Elks 1-3

SEMIFINALS (seven-inning games)

Diamond 1

Halifax Blackburn Transport    040   000   0   --   4   7   1
Charlottetown Gahan House Fawcetts    010   000   0   --   1   4   2

Matt Bramwell (WP, 10 strikeouts) and Greg MacDonald; Mitch Hardy
(LP, six strikeouts) and Jamie MacDonald.

Halifax -- Matt Bramwell, home run; Matt Rodgers and Trevor Lowthers,
RBI-singles; Charlottetown -- Steve Bishop, RBI-single.

Diamond 2 (score only)

Fredericton Twins 4 N.S. Murphy's Fish and Chips Eagles juniors 3

FINAL (seven-inning game)

Diamond 1

Fredericton Twins   010   000   0   --   1   3   1
Halifax Blackburn Transport   101   000   x   --   2   6   0

Peter Mersereau (LP) and Jason Gallant; Adam Rodgers (WP) and Greg
MacDonald.

Fredericton -- Jason Gallant, RBI-double; Halifax -- Rob Dorion,
double, single, two runs scored; Trevor Lowthers, two singles; Matt
Bramwell, RBI-single.