Fw: Dick Tracy Wood Bat Round Robin (Rockford, IL) July 21st

fastball at pmihrm.com fastball at pmihrm.com
Sun Jul 8 22:53:19 EDT 2012

-----Original Message-----
From: Timothy Hatten <thatten at gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2012 21:52:23
To: Al Doran<fastball at pmihrm.com>
Subject: Dick Tracy Wood Bat Round Robin (Rockford, IL) July 21st

For Immediate Release
Rockford, IL.
7-8-12
=======================

The BAC Pride in conjunction with Rockford Metro Sports and Rock Valley
College Women's Softball Program, are looking for 2-3 teams interested in
participating in an abbreviated version of the old Dick Tracy tournament
that took place for many years the fourth weekend in May at SportScore.
This will be a wood bat event, played on a college campus and on one of the
nicest playing surfaces in the state.

Due to conflict with a large girl’s tournament we cancelled the long
standing tournament. Due to the need to provide dates in July for teams to
get games in, we were asked to consider having a smaller version of the
tournament on July 21st.

This will be a one day wood bat event, three game guarantee, 100 dollar
entry fee, bats will be provided to use and an 1 hour and 40 minute time
limit on all games due to the lack of lights at RVC. The RVC women's
softball team will be providing concessions, running the scoreboard and
press box for the event as a fundraiser for their spring trip.

Anyone one wanting to get some wood bat games in before the Illinois ASA
wood bat state tourney or NAFA Wood Bat National in Kansas, this would be a
good time to do so. Any team traveling, that would be staying and would
want to play 2 games on sunday, we would do that at no cost for that team.

Those interested please contact me at the my email below:

Tim Hatten
BAC Pride
thatten at gmail.com