[Alsfastball] eScribe is back up AND operational

Al Doran aldoran at pmihrm.com
Mon Aug 2 09:25:48 EDT 2004

eScribe is back up AND operational

eScribe came back up a couple of days ago and today its picking up the new
information we added to the site as of yesterday.
http://www.escribe.com/sports/alsfastball/index.html

This is great news.

We do NOT own eScribe, its owned by Scott, a gentleman in California who
runs eScribe on his own for thousands of Lists like Al's Fastball.

In the recent past, he had 3 major hardware failures in 44 days. Each time
he had to buy new equipment, restore all the archives from back ups and get
the equipment running.  He did this all in his spare time, evenings and
weekends. He also has a full time job with another company.

Luckily, while he was down, we had great support from our good friend Jim
Flanagan who provided his site for the news.
The posts we put up are still at the TEMP site (link below).  We plan to
keep using this TEMPorary site until we are assured eScribe is fully back
up so we will probably continue to use it right through the ISC's in Fargo.

Thanks for your patience.  Please tell your friends that eScribe is back up
and that if they missed anything, to please check the TEMP site.

We also added a couple of hundred new subscribers who were getting the news
directly by email.

Please remember that all posts to the List should go to  fastball at pmihrm.com

The List guidelines are at:  http://www.alsfastball.com/webstart/news1.htm

thanks