[Alsfastball] ISC Players to Develop a “Super Pitchers” List

Al Doran aldoran at pmihrm.com
Fri Aug 20 18:51:48 EDT 2004

ISC Players to Develop a “Super Pitchers” List

In a move designed to promote greater competition in I.S.C. championship
play, the I.S.C. Board of Directors unanimously passed a motion presented
by its player representatives.

That motion authorizes the development of a list of the top pitchers in the
world.

This list will be compiled by the group of 12 player reps who advise the
I.S.C. Board of Directors.

Beginning with the 2005 season, a team will be limited to no more than two
players from that list in I.S.C. play.

Teams which develop a pitcher who would subsequently make that list as it
is revised annually would be allowed to keep such a pitcher without his
being counted against their allotted two. However teams will still be
limited to only two “out-of-area” pitchers

“Obviously this is an effort to spread the top pitching talent over a
greater number of teams.” says Ken Hackmeister Executive Director of the
I.S.C. He continued, “This idea was developed by our own player reps and
presented to our board of directors. I believe that by having this judgment
made by players themselves, we can take a big step toward balancing team
strength and promoting competition in our championship events.”

The “super pitcher” list, which will contain the names of 50-70 players,
will be developed and released by October 1, 2004 with teams required to
notify the I.S.C. of their (maximum) two players by May 1st, 2005.

August 20, 2004

By: Gordon Wise – ISC Information Officer
<mailto:sgwise at woh.rr.com>sgwise at woh.rr.com
http://www.iscfastpitch.com

Als Fastball List
*Email: <mailto:fastball at pmihrm.com>fastball at pmihrm.com