[Alsfastball] Fargo - Thank You

Al Doran aldoran at pmihrm.com
Tue Aug 24 18:46:38 EDT 2004

Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2004 17:38:09 -0500
To: fastball at pmihrm.com
From: Bret Baughman <stats4u at iscfastpitch.com>
Subject: Fargo - Thank You

Re: Fargo, ND - 2004

I'm just winding down from another ISC World Tournament this year in Fargo
ND and I thought it would be nice to reflect on a few things and pass along
a lot of thanks. First of all I have to say Congrats to Broken Bow, you put
another wonderful team on the field and even though you had your ups and
downs all year you all pulled together and took the world for the second
time in a row. I do a lot of work with Broken Bow during the tournament and
through the year and they are a top-notch organization from top to bottom.
I do however think Kooser still owes me a beer for getting him all his
scorebook disks!

The scorers this year both doing the hard copy and computers were second to
none. This all started when we met with Karin Schumacher way back in Oct
and spent the night showing her the ropes of our computer system. The group
she put together and I am not going to give out all the names because there
were far to many to name, was simply the best I have ever worked with. I
know on Diamond 2 day in and day out we had a great time and always got the
job done.

Bryan Schulz - I met Bryan for the first time at registration morning and I
have to tell you I was impressed with his leadership and organization even
after none of the computers and printers would work quite right. It was a
pleasure working with Bryan all week.

Dave Holm - Dave was the head of Press Box services for the Fargo committee
and let me tell you him and I spent a lot of time together. He took great
care of all of us. Thanks Dave.

John Lybeck - John was our tech guru and we used the heck out of him all
week. Trying to keep all the computers, email, messengers, dsl, routers,
phone lines, and faxes going like we needed them all week was a long hard
job and John was always there when we needed a hand.

Paul Lybeck - I also met Paul back in October, as I remember we watched the
Marlins defeat Mr. Hackmeisters Yankees. Paul had a ton on his plate for
more than a year to get everything in order for this tournament and he did
an outstanding job.

Fargo - While I still can't figure out how to get across town using Main
St. I have to say this was one of the nicest places I have ever spent time
watching ball. During any given year I spend time at all kinds of different
park and to end this year at Fargo, both Jack Williams and Mikkelson Field
was second to none. The weather could have been a bit warmer but like Dave
promised me, it never did snow.

There are so many more people I would like to thank but its time to wrap
this up and get the computers cleaned out for Eau Claire. Thanks again to
everyone who I met and worked with over this 10 days.

Bret Baughman
ISC Assistant Statistition
Mailto:stats4u at iscfastpitch.com