[Alsfastball] Playoffs reply to Joel Balberman

Al Doran aldoran at pmihrm.com
Thu Oct 7 09:21:21 EDT 2004

From: "Sylvia Ryan" <sylvia.ryan at rogers.com>
To: "Al Doran" <fastball at pmihrm.com>
Subject: Playoffs reply to Joel Balberman
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2004 08:01:40 -0400

Joel
Oshawa City And District Softball Association, voted this year to go back
to the travel playoff format. Most players were all for it however as you
say some just wanted to get" IT" over with.
As Manager of the Claremont Rebels Fastball team we are still playing ball
.After some discussion about changing the format to two out of three
games,  the finals are still going on , a three out of five series . As you
stated years ago we used to travel Town to Town and most times as a
community in a school bus to compete in the OASA or ORSA championships. The
commaraderie was great and intense at times. And after winning would return
home to our community sometimes as winners, and the players would get to
ride around Town/village on the fire truck, so whoever was not at the game
sure found out fast enough if we had won !!!!!These playoffs this year have
been very tight games as most games were won by a lone  run. Here it is
October and we will be playing game three Wednesday October 13th in Aurora
at 8PM and God willing back in Claremont Thursday the 14th.
In favor of ball in October.

Sylvia

Sylvia Ryan
Manager Claremont Rebels
Manager Peterboro Ricart Pros
Secretary Canadian Masters Fastball Association
Secretary Oshawa City And District Softball Association
Phone (905)432-3272
Fax      (905)432-3721
E-Mail  <mailto:sylvia.ryan at rogers.com>sylvia.ryan at rogers.com

  Als Fastball List