[Alsfastball] TidBits - Mini Block Buster Version - Oct 7, 2004

Al Doran aldoran at pmihrm.com
Thu Oct 7 18:11:10 EDT 2004

Date: Thu, 07 Oct 2004 18:09:05 -0400
To: Escribe <spalsfas at escribe.com>
From: Al Doran <aldoran at pmihrm.com>
Subject: TidBits - Mini Block Buster Version - Oct 7, 2004

About the most popular thing we do is to produce regular versions of
TidBits of information from the Ball Yard.

We receive a lot of anonymous information from our many subscribers that we
sift through and unless it's totally outrageous, we send it out to our
  many
subscribers and we post it here on this web site.

Let's be very clear, we are not the Toronto Star, we are not Sports
Illustrated, and we are not TSN or ESPN, we do not have a high paid staff
who have the time to go out and verify every story. In fact, we emphasize
that all the information is purely ball yard rumours.  This is the kind of
stuff you hear in the ballpark. But since we are mostly in the OFF-season,
there is nothing to do but share good stories that others may wish to
hear.  We are trying to duplicate the very stories one would hear in the
ballpark, if we had one to go to.

This will only provide temporary relief for those experiencing Fastball
Withdrawal and will provide no relive at all from those suffering Hockey
Withdrawal.

OK, the usual reminder:

For those not familiar with tidbits, its ballyard rumours, nothing
more. Maybe no fact here at all, but same kind of stories you hear in the
ballpark. Only those mentioned can confirm or deny these stories,
and traditionally they tell us nada, or hardly ever, but they can
straighten the story out any time.

We should add that there are guidelines for posting to the list and for
submitting TidBits, see them at:
<http://www.alsfastball.com/webstart/news1.htm>http://www.alsfastball.com/webstart/news1.htm

Another (Mini) BlockBuster:

Say its not true!
Broken Bow is done!

Bow is done for 2005. Jody Eidt and Ryan Wolfe have left the fold and
joined the Farm. They are starting to look like the Canadian National team,
Eidt, Wolfe, Rosebush, Holoein, Abbott, Gray.

Jarrad Martin has signed with County bringing the remaining key Kiwi
National team member.

Frank Cox, Gerald Muizelaar, Sean O'Brien, Mike Taylor are unsigned as of
this time. Reports have Box going to Calgary (if not already done).

With the Farm inking Korrey Gareau last week, I'd bet they'd like to have
their time back to get Gerald or Cox.

Circle Tap are apparently heating up the phone lines trying to enlist some
of the unsigned Bow guys.

Perhaps, County will trade Zack for Muizelaar to throw with Kirkpatrick.
Zack could end up back in Calgary.

Another wag said:

1. Farm signs Korrey Gareau and Jody Eidt.
2. County resigns Darren Zack.
3. Broken Bow interested in Frank Perez, Julian Taveras, Eduardo Leonardo,
Paul Koert, Chris Shufeldt from Heflin.
4. Todd Martin and Paul Algar still looking for new teams ??
5. Smoker Reunion in Calgary, Hanson and Garcia to rejoin the ex-smokers
with Porcelli.

Another said:

Todd Martin and Chris Jones talking to the guy setting up the new super
team in Toronto area.

ISC II tidbit

Kemptville Thunder trying to woo both Shawn and Corey Costello to join for
the Ontario qualifier and Wisconsin if they make it. Dan Konkle on the way
out - possibly to Quaker Riversharks.

  Als Fastball List
*Email: fastball at pmihrm.com