[Alsfastball] KFL Final Update

Al Doran aldoran at pmihrm.com
Thu Oct 7 23:08:11 EDT 2004

Date: Thu, 07 Oct 2004 22:13:45 -0400
Subject: KFL Final Update
From: Trevor Botting <tbotting at sympatico.ca>
To: <fastball at pmihrm.com>

The Kitchener Fastball League has wrapped up another season. A rainy year
(3 weeks of rain out games!) and it got a little cold near the end but when
it was all done, Phoenix Aviation finished on top.

The first round of playoffs (best 2 of 3) saw Thunder defeat a young,
scrappy Breslau Badgers team 2 games to 0.
Phoenix took on and defeated  the veteran Waterloo Classics also by 2 games
to 0.
In fact, it was 2 games to 0 across the board in the first round as
defending champions ATS beat The Bulldogs and The Smoke upset The Merchants
by the same.

The second round (best 3 of 5) saw ATS hand Phoenix their only non-wins of
the playoffs with 2 ties in games 1 and 3. Phoenix won games 2 and 4 and
that, in addition to the two ties gave them a 6-2 points win.
Thunder finished off the Smoke 3 games to 0 on the other side to set up a
final between the two division leaders.

But in the finals (best 3 of 5), Phoenix came out hard and won 3 straight
(5-4, 6-4 and 5-4) very close games.

Congratulations to Phoenix Aviation!

The remaining 6 teams (Breslau Majors, The Selects, Dodgers, Cambridge
Reds, PhoneMaster and the Paris Predators) who finished out of the playoffs
were involved in our B Side championship with the Breslau Majors taking the
best 3 of 5 final (after dropping the first two games) over The Selects, 3
games to 2 (1-13, 1-2, 2-1, 4-0 and 3-2).

Congratulations to the Breslau Majors!

So another year has ended and now we can start gearing up for next season
(never too soon!) Anyone who may be interested in playing in the KFL next
year is more than welcome to email me for availability. We would also love
to hear from any teams that may be interested in playing in our league.

You can also see the results of our entire season by going to
http://www.kwfastball.com/kfl.htm

Thank you.
--
Trevor Botting