[Alsfastball] Response to ISC II Tidbits from The Kemptville Thunder

Al Doran aldoran at pmihrm.com
Sat Oct 16 10:48:13 EDT 2004

From: <jwltd at magma.ca>
Subject: Response to ISC II Tidbits from The Kemptville Thunder
Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2004 09:58:34 -0400

Al,

The Kemptville Thunder Intermediates a hot topic in Al's Tidbits??  I guess
that is what happens when someone in your area operates a website for your
league to pump up fastball for Eastern Ontario.  Our entire league is very
appreciative for the effort that goes into getting Eastern Ontario fastball
information out there.....I just have to clear up a few things.

1.  The Thunder won't have Dan Konkle back.......We won't know for while.
This decision will be made  by Dan Konkle.
2.  Konkle going to The Riversharks........I know that Dan pitched very well
for Quaker in the 2 tournaments he went with them last summer.  (I have
spoke to Dan about this in the past and I know he wants to make the
transition to the next level, if he gets the opportunity we all wish him
well).
3.  Is Dan Konkle eccentric........For Sure (He would admit this himself!).
4.  The Bar of Appleton contacting him.........No Idea.  I knew that it was
only a matter of time before this kind of thing started happening in ISC II.
5.  A new sponsor with significant funding........Isn't everyone looking for
this.
6.  The Costello's - Every year The Thunder Intermediates have been
functioning we have spoke with either Cory, Shawn or both.  We would never
ask Cory or Shawn to leave Micksburg if Micksburg were going to try and
qualify for the same tournaments we were.  They are very committed to their
teammates and their community.  It is this commitment to local teams that
makes Intermediate, ISC II fastball work.  I respect their loyalty to
Micksburg and quite frankly we enjoy playing against them.  That said if
Micksburg were not playing in a qualifying tournament we were in, would we
ask Cory, Shawn or Jamie Mick among others to come with us if we felt the
need?....without question.

To be quite honest The Thunder have not seriously discussed next summer at
all.  We will be getting together in the next few weeks to decide what we
are doing.  There are a core group of guys that have played together for a
long time and all those pieces need to be in place before any bigger
decisions are made.

Regards,

Pete Johnston

From: <jwltd at magma.ca>