[Alsfastball] Ashland Coors Light 2005

Al Doran aldoran at pmihrm.com
Thu Dec 2 16:38:00 EST 2004

From: Buybeer at aol.com
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2004 13:16:34 EST
Subject: Ashland Coors Light 2005
To: fastball at pmihrm.com

Ashland, OH

Ashland Coors Light will not be fielding a team for the 2005 season.  The
Coors Distributor which has sponsored Coors Light for the past 14 years has
been bought by another distributor.  Team GM Mark Hastings, who worked for
the Coors Distributor, has accepted a position with an Anheuser-Busch
distributor and will be relocating to Canton, OH.  With the lost
sponsorship and my new job responsibilities, I felt it was time to call it
quits.

Ashland Coors Light was one of Ohio's most successful teams ever since it
was started in 1986.  We started as an A/B team, winning the ASA "B"
Nationals in 2001.  From there, we jumped to the Major level and made
decent showings at the ISC Worlds the last few years.  I thought we
competed against the "big boys" pretty well considering our annual budget
of around $7000.  Our guys paid their own way because they love the game
and wanted to compete against the best.

What I will value about fastpitch the most is the friends you make and the
people you meet along the way.  Special thanks to Tom Berube, who came
aboard to pitch in 2002 and enabled us to compete at the Major level.  We
couldn't have asked for a better teammate than Tommy.  Also, special thanks
to Reggie Kline, John Melchiori, Brian Culler, Kevin Scott, Craig Scott,
Joe Wolf, Mark Van Dine, Chad Honaker, Norm Estabrooks, Jeff Van Hooser,
and my brother Mike Hastings, who were great teammates.  I truly value the
friendship I have with all of them.

I also want to say thanks for all the memories to former teammates, Rich
Siegenthaler, Rod Ickes, Mike Hershberger, Scott "Puff" Liston, Ty
McKinney, Tom Hyder, Rob "Obie" Obrecht, who are all still special friends.

Though Coors Light is done, many of the players have moved on as Brian
Culler, Reggie Kline, Kevin Scott, Craig Scott, and Mark Van Dine will be
suiting up for MVD Sports (Ashland) this year and Chad Honaker will be
playing for Spencer Fastpitch.  Best wishes and good luck in '05.

Mark Hastings
Ashland Coors Light

From: Buybeer at aol.com

  Als Fastball List