[Alsfastball] CT Wrap up

Al Doran aldoran at pmihrm.com
Fri Aug 26 08:41:18 EDT 2005

Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 21:22:25 -0500 (CDT)
Subject: CT Wrap up
From: zakkflash at greenbaynet.com
To: fastball at pmihrm.com

August 25
Denmark, WI

First and foremost I would like to extend a huge thank you to sponsor
Darren Derricks and manager Denny Bruckert for both their financial
resources as well as their strong leadership skills both on and off the
field, promoting this great game.
The 2005 Season for the Circle Tap team is a very difficult thing to sum
up in just a few words but I will do my best.  By far the highlight of the
season is the way we finished.  We finished 3rd place in the World
sporting a 5-3 mark in the tourney(37-22 overall).  Going into the Worlds
I think a lot of people had their doubts about this team, however we came
together and played extremely well together and a 3rd place finish is
something we can be proud of.  This team is extremely talented and a great
bunch of guys.  We had to fight through various injuries, missing players,
etc.  You mention it, it happend to CT in '05.
The season definitely had it's ups and downs.  We did capture our 3rd
straight Wisconsin Classic League.  The league is extremely difficult,
playing against Townline/Shoots(7th), The Bar(16th), and Happy Hollow(went
2-2 in pool play and made it to the WC playoffs).  We all make each other
a little better starting off the season seeing these great teams.
We also captured our 3rd straight Decatur Shootout which was the only
tournament title that we won in '05.  We finished 2nd in Des Moines, lost
in quarters in Eau Claire, winless in Monkton, semi-final at Boys of
Summer, 1-3 in Allentown, 2-2(split squad) in Aurora.  As bad as it looked
for awhile this team came together at the big show and played very well.
Again, I can't say enough about our sponsor and manager so that the rest
of us can play the greatest game at to top level.  I do also want to thank
all of our great players for a fun and exciting year as well.  I truely
hope we can do it again!
I do want to mention that I do believe the great Jody Hennigar is going to
retire.  I only spent one season with him as a teammate but I can tell you
it was a true honor and he is an excellent teammate and very intelligent
player.

That is all for now.

Zakk
CT Fastpitch